Mountainsmith Shelter LT almost 60% Off

I'm curious as well, but seems the whole point of this little tarp tent is lightweight and packability. Yall gonna pack a stove in also? I'd imagine there's better options for truck camping.

kpk

WKR
I'm curious as well, but seems the whole point of this little tarp tent is lightweight and packability. Yall gonna pack a stove in also? I'd imagine there's better options for truck camping.

This is Rokslide - we want ALL the options.

But in all seriousness, I've never had a hot tent and I could DIY a stove quite easily to try out before committing to the real deal. Having a stove sounds kind of appealing to ride out crap weather or just even to set up in the yard and "camp" with the daughter - she'd get a kick out of feeding the stove. The mountain shelter is awesome as is and at this price it's a no brainer.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
…and remember we are talking about an ultralight stove here. I only carry the full size buck stove when I am going less than 10 miles back in :)

I refuse to carry a stove over 130 pounds on my back

bayou0509

FNG
I rolled the dice on the backorder as well. $60 isn't all that much to lose in worst case scenairo. I'll be on the look out for comments from anyone who eventually receives it from a backorder. The whole backpack hunting thing is new to me so I'm eager to develop an arsenal of gear/equipment to try out

I've kicked around picking one of these long enough the 60 bucks got me to try the back order yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

WKR
Missed out on this. Have one that has been very useful in some tough hunts. I'd have bought a backup at that price without hesitation.

xziang

WKR
For $60 - I decided to test out the backorder and if it comes through I'll pass my yellow one on to someone else.

Saw the comment about looking similar to Kuiu....and then I saw their stove jack for it. Anyone know if it could be made to work with the Mountainsmith, or better off to have one put in permanently?

I was going to try that 'zip' in stove jack but went with a sowen/permenant one. I actually bought the one from kuiu.

Anyones show as shipped?
I ordered mine on Wed afternoon. It still shows as processing on CampSaver’s site. But through my Fedex account, I got notification of a package that could only be this tent from CampSaver. It is currently in transit and arriving on Monday according to Fedex.

*zap*

WKR
A way to go on the stove jack is to do it so it velcro's in and then you can change it e-z if it gets messed up plus put a vent in for when you do not use the stove....bearpaw wilderness design....may be able to do those things for you.

CorbLand

WKR
I ordered mine on Wed afternoon. It still shows as processing on CampSaver’s site. But through my Fedex account, I got notification of a package that could only be this tent from CampSaver. It is currently in transit and arriving on Monday according to Fedex.
I got an email saying they are behind.

footingit

FNG
I got an email saying they are behind.
Same. I ordered Wednesday around 5pm and got an email this morning saying I should get a tracking email soon.

Sorry, We're a Little Behind​
spacer.gif
Thank you again for ordering from CampSaver.com. We received a large number of orders recently and it may take us a little longer than usual to ship orders. We wanted to assure you that we're working hard to get your order out as quickly as possible.​
spacer.gif
You'll be receiving an email soon with your tracking number to let you know it's on its way! We're sorry about this delay and appreciate your understanding.​

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is the email I received from Campsaver acknowledging my order..Interesting

Hi Joe ,
Good news, your order is on its way!
Thank you again for your purchase.
Track your package.

PS-We're glad you ordered before all those losers over on Rokslide.
That *zap* guy can be a real pain to deal with-fngTony too.
Tracking numbers are usually updated within 24 hours on weekdays.
Please allow up to 48 hours for your tracking number to be active.

OP
tclipse

tclipse

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my shipment notification, and showing as Shipped on the site. Order was placed 3/22 if that helps for reference. UPS tracking number isn't active yet, though.

Hi Joe ,
Track your package.

Is that actually Campsavers email??

Hi Joe ,
Track your package.

Lmao

Well I don't think I'll be getting mine just checked and showed expected.delivery 12/13/2023

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Got my email saying it shipped. Now to see how long it takes to go 11 miles.