Montana Rifle Co. Junction 308Win Field Evaluation

Wrench

WKR
Ian from MRC sent an AI bottom metal and new trigger spring. The new spring is a noticeable improvement in feel- no creep at all now. The bottom Metal will be great, but the inlet is different and the stock will need to be inletted and bedded.

View attachment 720645
When you get contact on the action edge at the very back of the action it can cause accuracy issues if there's ANY movement in the bedding. I now clearance the rear with a layer of tape to avoid any issues. It's similar in behavior to the bolts contacting the stock in the pillars....random and unpredictable, but never good.

UM GM

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Form, you need to educate your UM boys on CRF. That podcast they did on CRF was a disgrace. I found it an ignorant and arrogant display of dismissing firearm heritage!

Right now I am avoiding doing all the loading I need to do tonight for my 1000 yd BR rifles AND my CRF M-70 416 Rem that I am taking to first trip to Africa this Aug for Cape Buffalo. (I have now learned that makes me a fudd.) So I looked at a couple of threads here.

I guess you guys didn't see the follow up podcast on CRF, where I "educated" my compadres on CRF?

I went over the whole CRF thing, from the history to advantages to my personal experiences.

All my current hunting rifles are CRF M-70s, except for one, the 470 NE double rifle. I showed Taylor how I cut the extractor slot in an M-70 barrel and even loaned the shop one of my extractor cutters.

I don't know if we have done this at the shop yet, but I have personally installed a Wyatt's 3.825 mag box in a couple of CRF M-70s. If I ever do any "tacticool" shooting it will be with my CRF FN PBR that @Formidilosus was willing to buy from me if I sold it to him cheap......

So plenty of CRF education has taken place at UM, thanks to this fudd who pounded out 65 rounds through his unbraked CRF M-70 416 in four hours on Saturday to find a buffalo load.....

:cool:

Last edited: