Montan, Wyoming, Alaska MOVE

ChrisS

WKR
... but for Wyoming I lived in Worland for a few years and would really like to live in Sheridan or Buffalo.
I have about zero experience in WY, but Buffalo was probably the coldest I've been. I stopped there in a February and it was so cold overnight it broke the stereo in my truck. It never worked the same after that. Brrr.

Kalispell is a great area. The whitetail hunting is good. Elk and mule deer numbers are low and have been that way for a long, long time (not a recent predator explosion as some here are claiming - mostly just the way it is).

You'll find a lot of Kalispell guys driving down to Region 3 for their elk hunting and east of the divide for mule deer. Antelope and upland birds are also critters that require driving.

If you want a specific kind of hunting/fishing/other recreation "out your back door" then you might think about making your decision accordingly.

BTW, I dream about moving to AK from time to time. Not likely a reality, but its my back-up/fantasy

ST52v

WKR
Maybe my brother will chime in on this since he just completed his 1st year in Wyoming. He hates the wind but seems to like everything else. From Casper he could be in Colorado or Montana in about 4 hours. He killed his bull on Saturday in Wyoming. He could have easily been in Colorado or Montana starting Sunday for the rest of his week off chasing elk. That's is a nice problem to have.