Monster Transmissions , anybody use them ?

OP
CRJR45

CRJR45

WKR
A little update , the transmission went out , at least first gear did . Took it back to Monterey Transmission , they test drove it , said yup , you need a new tranny again , under warranty .
They have one already rebuilt , they said they would swap it out and have it back in a couple days , wish me luck . :cool:

bone collector 13

FNG
Classified Approved
A little update , the transmission went out , at least first gear did . Took it back to Monterey Transmission , they test drove it , said yup , you need a new tranny again , under warranty .
They have one already rebuilt , they said they would swap it out and have it back in a couple days , wish me luck . :cool:
I have a 18 1500 that just got a new tranny at 90k miles. 14-18 gm 6 and 8 speeds are garbage.

OP
CRJR45

CRJR45

WKR
I have a 18 1500 that just got a new tranny at 90k miles. 14-18 gm 6 and 8 speeds are garbage.
Yeah , mine is a 6l90 , the one in yours is a 6l80 , at least I think ? They do have trouble with both , at least thats what John at Monterey said . Good luck !

bone collector 13

FNG
Classified Approved
Yep spot on. Dealership kept telling me the hard shift was normal. Nothing wrong with it. Flushed it at like 60k, finally at 90k took it to a independent shop for another issue and started complaining about the trans, they tore into it, said no way I’d of hit 100k on that trans

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
Look at Suncoast Transmissions. They specialize in Allison transmissions. When I had my 2004 2500Hd I had it tuned and other work done. I did the transmission first and the guy doing my work recommended Suncoast. I did my research and ended up going with a Suncoast transmission and the appropriate torque converter. Couldn't have been happier. In 2016 I sold the truck and got a new 2016 2500HD. After about 50K miles I had some work done and part of that was upgrading the the transmission. I went with a Suncoast again. Right now I'm running with a an every day driving tune of 750hp and 1000 foot pounds of torque give or take. No issues at all and I've been running it since 2018.

OP
CRJR45

CRJR45

WKR
Look at Suncoast Transmissions. They specialize in Allison transmissions. When I had my 2004 2500Hd I had it tuned and other work done. I did the transmission first and the guy doing my work recommended Suncoast. I did my research and ended up going with a Suncoast transmission and the appropriate torque converter. Couldn't have been happier. In 2016 I sold the truck and got a new 2016 2500HD. After about 50K miles I had some work done and part of that was upgrading the the transmission. I went with a Suncoast again. Right now I'm running with a an every day driving tune of 750hp and 1000 foot pounds of torque give or take. No issues at all and I've been running it since 2018.
I did check with them , they didn't have any 6l90's
Do they make a bulletproof 10R80 for the F150. Asking for a friend 🤣
Darryle , you lost ? :cool:

OP
CRJR45

CRJR45

WKR
This will be the third time fixing the tranny for this truck . First time was under warranty for the original buyer , then I had it done around 145,000 or so , now it's got 155,000 or so . John said it will come with a new warranty . I offered to give him some cash , he said no .
Just sucks not having my truck for work .