Modifying LPVO to meet 1x scope requirements

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
The intent of the change was to limit technology on muzzleloaders, good luck trying to get though the approval process.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

OP
Timberline001
I guess I’ll have to look into red dots more and test one out before I jump into this route. I have been against using one but in all honesty I know nothing about them and should probably use one before I denounce it.

I would pickup a Primary Arms SLx 1x prism. Etched reticle with holdovers.
I have the 3x and it's been great.
I'd say it's probably your best bet and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

OP
Timberline001
They run blemish sales and usually 10% or 12% off frequently too. I picked up the 3x on a blemish sale for about $225 shipped.
Looks like the raptor reticle is only available in the magnified models. There is some more simple bdc reticle available though in their 1x models. Just trying to find where they specify the measurements of the reticles so I can know how useful they’ll be with the muzzy.

Looks like the raptor reticle is only available in the magnified models. There is some more simple bdc reticle available though in their 1x models. Just trying to find where they specify the measurements of the reticles so I can know how useful they’ll be with the muzzy.
Dang didn't realize it was only on the magnified versions.
Looks like the acss Gemini on the 9mm specified model would be easier to use. The download manual doesn't give specifics on size or distance between.
Might give them a call and ask. The customer service reps are pretty friendly and knowledgeable.

OP
Timberline001
Dang didn't realize it was only on the magnified versions.
Looks like the acss Gemini on the 9mm specified model would be easier to use. The download manual doesn't give specifics on size or distance between.
Might give them a call and ask. The customer service reps are pretty friendly and knowledgeable.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking as well. I’ll call them later.