Mobile Hunting Setups

Yoder

WKR
I have a Lone Wolf sit and climb and a LW Alpha 2 lock on stand with Hawk Helium sticks. I love the stands. The sticks are cheap, and I would say mediocre at best.

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
I switch between a saddle and a lock on depending on how long I’m going to be there.

Saddle Setup:
Trophyline Platow or Eberlestock Renegade
TX5 Lonestar
TX5 Back Band
Cruzr Mini Seeker Platform
Cruzr Knee Cushion
Genesis 3D Tether Bow Hook
Random screw-in hook for pack
4x Tethrd One Sticks
2-Step Ultimaider

Lock On:
Platow or Renegade
Novix Helo w/Mesh Seat
Thermaseat Seat Pad (wx dependent)
Thermaseat Stand Pad (wx dependent)
Dryad Killdeer Harness
Don’t remember the brand of the bow hanger
Screw-in hook for pack
4x Tethrd One Sticks
2-Step Ultimaider

Bsax89

FNG
Old lone wolf alpha with hawk helium sticks. The mobile hunting craze has made for great advancements in gear for hang and hunt stands. Nevertheless, I am so comfortable and know exactly what to expect in any situation with my set up I will probably never change. Being silent and stealthy is all that matters.

I have 2 set ups but typically run the saddle set up. I do occasionally leave the hang on and sticks in places I feel I will hunt again (especially during rutcation). I use a Mystery Ranch Treehouse (the bigger one) to packing my systems in. I did just get an Exo MTN Gear K4 for western hunting that I may try out in the whitetail woods as well.

1. Saddle set up

- Latitude Method 2
- 3 Latitude sticks
- Latitude x wing platform (I don't like this - will be going a different direction)
- 1 double step aider for the bottom stick
- Tethrd gear hanger

2. Hang on set up

- Novix Helo
- 3 Novix Double Step sticks
- 1 double step aiderr for the bottom stick
- tethrd gear hanger

benmj111

FNG
Saddle lightweight Setup:
OOAL Slick Rick One Stick
Buzzard Roost Saddle

Mobile Tree Stand
LWCG .75
XOP X2 Sticks

saddle is awesome for half day hunts through the rut in Wisconsin. Stand hunting is more enjoyable for me when sitting all day or sitting late season.

Thumper87

FNG
Went from an older LW climber to using the 0.5 and 2 or 3 17inch doubles with aiders this year. What a world of difference since i did not have to hunt trees and could get in whatever. Thought about picking up a saddle for a hybrid type set up but going to stick with the .5 for this year.

Luked

WKR
Mine is similar but different.
Most of my deer hunting here at home is done on private ground so not a huge need for climbing sticks. I do have a set but only use them on public.

My setup
Tethrd phantom saddle.
Tethrd Phantom platform
Screw in tree steps on private ground.
Hawk Helium on Public

JCMCUBIC

WKR
Went from an older LW climber to using the 0.5 and 2 or 3 17inch doubles with aiders this year. What a world of difference since i did not have to hunt trees and could get in whatever. Thought about picking up a saddle for a hybrid type set up but going to stick with the .5 for this year.

The .5 is a great fit for hybrid use. I prefer the saddle to a harness, even if using a stand in "stand" mode.

dan33

FNG
I'm going to be running a beast stand and 5 sticks. Used the sticks with a lone wolf alpha last year and there was a night and day diffence compared to the hawk heliums I started with.

Bowtie747

FNG
Glad to see there’s some LWCG fans here aswell. .5 for me as a hybrid setup! Tethrd one sticks. Absolutely love the .5. Can’t recommend it enough. Even though the sticker price hurts a little

I hate sitting. I hate stationary hunting. I dont sit still well and Id rather be walking around not being successful, than sit still and shoot something. I use a stand for archery hunting, but I only do it by being very surgical and opportunistic in when and where I hunt—it would be a staggeringly long sit for me to be in a tree more than 3 hours, and thats pushing it. I have a few hang-on stands on our property at home, on a neighbors where I have permission, or on some adjacent public, which I leave up for the season—these are mainly weeknight evening or before-work hunts. Other than that everything I hunt is a mile or three approach, generally mountainous, I may have scouted it off-season but likely have several areas in mind, several trees in mind but will choose where to hang in the moment based on sign. Usually using 3-4 timber ninja sticks, a tethrd standard-size platform, and a method-2 saddle. I use a nylon strap with some genesis3d hangers below my tether to hang my pack and bow. I have a 1-stick rig, have used it a bunch and have a lifetime of technical rope work, but apart from the 1-stick rig being 3lb lighter in total and more compact I far prefer the sticks, so almost always use those. Total pack weight including the pack itself (which is capable of packing out a deer), 4 sticks, platform, extra warm clothes, water, saddle, kill kit, headlamp, etc is about 15lb and change.
All gun seasons Im on the ground, generally moving.

(Edited pack weight, been a while since I weighed it!)
View attachment 733587
View attachment 733596

Which pack are you using? That’s a slick setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run a Tethrd Phantom, Predator Platform and Skeletors. HYS strap and Fold N Go to hold bow and backpack (Kifaru Doorgunner). I set up a couple Lone Wolf hang ons too in permanent sopts and wear my saddle on those platforms. I find shooting from a saddle more effective for me than a hang on seat. Single stick and rapel set up looks awesome, but haven't put in the time to practice that. The Skeletors and platform aren't too difficult to carry.

Anyone try the lone wolf custom gear waist/lumbar belt? Just seen that and since most stands come with the nicer straps, i can attach a medium size pack to the stand and won’t have the stand rubbing against my back… seems like a decent setup

Bowtie747

FNG
Anyone try the lone wolf custom gear waist/lumbar belt? Just seen that and since most stands come with the nicer straps, i can attach a medium size pack to the stand and won’t have the stand rubbing against my back… seems like a decent setup

This might help, might not. I use a Tx5 suspension system and it’s great. I’d say the newer version of the lone wolf setup is okay, but can’t speak of it from experience buddy.

We’ve got climbers, loc-in’s and sticks. We even have a saddle or two we use. If I’m able my favorite way to get up a tree is a tree hopper drill and bolts.