MO Public Land Whitetail; 118# Pack out

Scored this 10 pointer chasing does this morning a mile from the truck. Third year in a row with public land deer: 8 point, 9 point, and now a 10.

Meat, head, rifle, pack, and everything inside it was 118#. Previous max I’ve carried was 100#. Watching me get up off the ground would have been a comedy show. The Exo K4 handled it like an absolute champ even though I had the meat a bit low. No shoulder or hip discomfort at all.

(Yes I was wearing orange. I hung the vest around the tree right next to me while I was quartering).
IMG_5765.jpegIMG_5766.jpeg

OP
G
Congrats! How far was the pack out? Either way a chore none the less I imagine.
0.9 miles. Wouldn’t have been too bad except the first half was through a 2 year old prescribed burn so it was real brushy.

I know there’s no way I could handle that type of weight going up and down a mountain. That’s for sure.

Rpd3d

FNG
Congrats! I am still walking around with empty pack! Hoping to have sore back soon!

That’s a great deer man. Congrats!

Did you kill all three of those bucks from the same piece of ground? If so, you’ve got it dialed!

OP
G
That’s a great deer man. Congrats!

Did you kill all three of those bucks from the same piece of ground? If so, you’ve got it dialed!
2 of 3. Got the 8-pointer there two years ago. Have hunted there four years and see big deer every time.

It’s an overlooked spot, but even when other hunters are there, they don’t go far back because it’s a pain. At least a mile walk to the “back” side and almost 2 miles to the very back.

0.9 miles. Wouldn’t have been too bad except the first half was through a 2 year old prescribed burn so it was real brushy.

I know there’s no way I could handle that type of weight going up and down a mountain. That’s for sure.
That’s awesome. Just like someone else said, I’m dreaming of having a sore back from hauling some meat out! Congrats to ya