Miller beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mthayr

WKR
Here’s a link. Synopsis is that women were the ones that made all the beer throughout history, and they were rewarded by being displayed in bikinis. So they’re here to take it back and turn “bad sh!t into good sh!t” because, without them, there wouldn’t be any beer.

Love it or hate it, this is the utter failure of a marketing department not knowing who their customers are.

....says the chick in a tight sweater and a mini skirt... yeah, ok.

Calcoyote

Lil-Rokslider
I don't now what to say. When I was a rebellious teenager I would sneak off with my friends and drink beer almost every Friday night without my parents knowing. Back in those days I would drink Michelob or Henry W, but I always hated the taste of Millers. Have not had a Millers in over 40 years.

Scoot

WKR
10% a little funny, 90% ridiculous. Woke morons pandering to the left...

Isn't the commercial a satirical poke at all the wokeness b.s.?
That is what I thought after watching this, although it's not very funny or clever. High gloss posters probably have too much ink and chemicals from printing to make good compost which would make miller beer worse than it already is.

madgrad02

WKR
This thread further confirms my thoughts that humor is largely lost on this group.

I'll admit, it wasn't that funny, but everyone who is getting upset and thinking that's woke?
Tell me your political affiliation without actually telling me your political affiliation.

Just kidding, all jokes aside, maybe it is meant in jest, but in today's day and age where all this stuff is force fed to you, hard to imagine a mega-corporation poking fun of issues like this.

This thread further confirms my thoughts that humor is largely lost on this group.

I'll admit, it wasn't that funny, but everyone who is getting upset and thinking that's woke?
I think this gang has a good sense of humor , but wouldnt blame anyone with our current level of "heightened awareness" in our society of watching what people say or think . (Speaking of sense of humor i caught some old Johnny Carson shows with Don Rickles as a guest . Wow that insult comedy wouldnt fly today. Sorry to derail )

hunterjmj

WKR
I guess bikini clad women aren't suppose to make money anymore. Also, I'm guessing none of the posters are suitable for composting. Dumb commercial.

Tell me your political affiliation without actually telling me your political affiliation.

Just kidding, all jokes aside, maybe it is meant in jest, but in today's day and age where all this stuff is force fed to you, hard to imagine a mega-corporation poking fun of issues like this.
I think this gang has a good sense of humor , but wouldnt blame anyone with our current level of "heightened awareness" in our society of watching what people say or think . (Speaking of sense of humor i caught some old Johnny Carson shows with Don Rickles as a guest . Wow that insult comedy wouldnt fly today. Sorry to derail )

My point is the ad missed its mark, but I don't see it at all as being serious.

This ad might actually be working really well.

I'm guessing a lot more have viewed it now than would have. Might not sway you on what you drink, but it's frequently any publicity is good publicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.