Meateater podcast with Trump Jr

BuzzH

WKR
OK, so you gave 0 examples, not a single acre, of what any past president has done.

DTJr clearly spoke in terms of presidents/administrations, and new access they have created since 1909 (when Theodore Roosevelt's presidency ended). Did you even listen to it?

Did you?

Read your own quote...continue on picking fly chit out of the pepper, there have been many things done all across the US that have opened up way more than 2.3 million acres of access.

I provided plenty, you don't have to like facts, but they cant be ignored.

EastMT

WKR
OK, so you gave 0 examples, not a single acre, of what any past president has done.

DTJr clearly spoke in terms of presidents/administrations, and new access they have created since 1909 (when Theodore Roosevelt's presidency ended). Did you even listen to it?

I think the mods should initiate an automatic filter that prevents the name Meateater, Trump, Obama, kuiu, Tikka, Creedmoor. Man this would be a peaceful place

BuzzH

WKR
Buzz, your examples are all state based. What about other presidential administrations?

Continue to trumpet all you want about 2.3 million acres, I'm just a bit more impressed with the 14 million that's been opened up in just Montana and Wyoming.

Did you?

Read your own quote...continue on picking fly chit out of the pepper, there have been many things done all across the US that have opened up way more than 2.3 million acres of access.

You are the one grasping at straws. He made a clear statement which I outlined above, verbatim. You said he was wrong. You have given alot of irrelevant information and nothing more. Your facts have absolutely nothing to with the statement made. You clearly lack critical thinking skills.

Continue to trumpet all you want about 2.3 million acres, I'm just a bit more impressed with the 14 million that's been opened up in just Montana and Wyoming.

14 million opened up by anyone other than a sitting US president since 1909 has nothing to do with the statement DTJr made, which you said was false.

Did you?

you mean like the large budget increase in the farm program for Walk in Hunting? Same farm program Obama cut massive amounts out of.

fact of the matter is the current administration has made access public and private a priority, and as promised created an increase In both.

Period. Only debate is if you think it was to much or to little.

I'm not "trumpeting" anything. I posted a link in response to someone inquiring about where access was opened.

Also, didn't see anyone saying whether we should be more or less impressed with what Trump has done in comparison to what states have done. I'm not arguing that Trump has done more than other presidents, because I don't know if he has but lets compare apples to apples. What presidents between TR and Trump have done a lot for sportsman access?

Glad you asked, its all there if you bother to look.

Montana gained, via a lot of heavy lifting from Sportsmen, the right to hunt State Trust Lands in 1984, 5.3 million acres. Montana stream access law, opened up a metric chit ton of fishing access.

Montana Block Management program started in 1996 funded by Sportsmen, 7.1 million acres of access.

Wyoming AccessYes program, funded via sportsmen, started in about 2000, last year opened up 2,649,457 direct acres and another 168,603 acres of landlocked adjacent public lands, 4007 lake acres and 89 miles of stream fishing access.

Should I go on, or do you want to concede the point that average, everyday sportsmen and the various GF agencies open up vastly more acres of hunting and fishing access than Trumps 2.3 million acres he's claiming on National Wildlife Refuges?

Look, I'm not downplaying the fact that what Trump did with refuges isn't a good thing, it certainly is. In particular in areas of the country where access is limited and refuges is all you have. But, at least be smart enough to look at the what was opened, and what it was opened up TO, etc.

Its funny how the average working class hunter is thrown under the bus, or at the very least not even recognized for the great strides we've made to improve access. Wayyyyyyy more than the Trump administration has done, and by a landslide, at a minimum.

Carry on...

wait are we agruing individual state programs or EO and Congressional?
How much did Wyoming’s YES program grow with Trumps farm Multimillion dollar farm budget access allocation increase?

BuzzH

WKR
wait are we agruing individual state programs or EO and Congressional?
How much did Wyoming’s YES program grow with Trumps farm Multimillion dollar farm budget access allocation increase?

None...its not funded by the Federal Government...if only obviously.

lumis17

Lil-Rokslider
FYI, for those interested, Trump Jr was on an older episode of the Push Archery podcast (it's a traditional archery one).

BuzzH

WKR
14 million opened up by anyone other than a sitting US president since 1909 has nothing to do with the statement DTJr made, which you said was false.

It is false, unless you don't want to count the 8 million acres acquired via the LWCF, 5 million of which are Federal Lands, another 3 million state lands, that not only provide ACCESS, but also increase Federal and State lands. Also, not taking into account the purchases that have opened up millions more acres of surrounding landlocked public lands either.

Or if you want to argue that Trump was president in 1965.

Last edited:

BuzzH

WKR
Last edited:
It is false, unless you don't want to count the 8 million acres acquired via the LWCF, 5 million of which are Federal Lands, another 3 million state lands, that not only provide ACCESS, but also increase Federal and State lands.

Or if you want to argue that Trump was president in 1965.

You are way off the ranch Bud. You have proven DTJr right. Thanks for your vote in November.

BuzzH

WKR
You are way off the ranch Bud. You have proven DTJr right. Thanks for your vote in November.

Oh, so now 5 million acres of access, and federal public land acquisitions, provided by an administration between Trump and Roosevelt doesn't count...OK. (We wont count the 3 million acres of State acquisitions from that federal legislation, just so you don't get all knotted up over the fly chit).

Pretend you're a man and admit you're as wrong as DTJ...

Last edited:
Arguing what, there is no argument...accessyes gets ZERO funding from the Feds.

Here, since you don't know what you're arguing:

Page 8, if you need help with understanding where the funding comes from for AccessYes...probably a 3rd grader around that can give you a hand.

LOL.

So Wyoming didn’t benefit at all from the massive increase in the Voluntary Public access and HIP program that Trump substantially increased in the 2018 farm budget?

You push state programs to counter Federal Access enhancements Under a particular administration but yet offer no counters to it via what other Administrations have done. Obviously no agenda here.... why can’t people give credit where credit is do.

research VAP/HIP, hell call TRCP have them explain it you, so you don’t think you are get biased info

BuzzH

WKR
So Wyoming didn’t benefit at all from the massive increase in the Voluntary Public access and HIP program that Trump substantially increased in the 2018 farm budget?

You push state programs to counter Federal Access enhancements Under a particular administration but yet offer no counters to it via what other Administrations have done. Obviously no agenda here.... why can’t people give credit where credit is do.

research VAP/HIP, hell call TRCP have them explain it you, so you don’t think you are get biased info

Did you read page 8 of the link I provided?

The answer is NO, the accessyes program didn't benefit from the farm bill.

I did give credit where it was due, in case you missed it the first time: Look, I'm not downplaying the fact that what Trump did with refuges isn't a good thing, it certainly is. In particular in areas of the country where access is limited and refuges is all you have.

Class dismissed.