Meateater podcast with Trump Jr

Oh, so now 5 million acres of access, and federal public land acquisitions, provided by an administration between Trump and Roosevelt doesn't count...OK. (We wont count the 3 million acres of State acquisitions from that federal legislation, just so you don't get all knotted up over the fly chit).

Pretend you're a man and admit you're as wrong as DTJ...

Hell, let's count the 3 million acres from state acquisitions since they came from federal funds. A couple things though:
1. Not all 8 million acres provide hunting/fishing access
2. It seems a bit odd to credit one administration with all of the acreage since LWCF contributions have fluctuated and been challenged or increased throughout the 9 administrations prior to Trump since it was passed.

BuzzH

WKR
Hell, let's count the 3 million acres from state acquisitions since they came from federal funds. A couple things though:
1. Not all 8 million acres provide hunting/fishing access
2. It seems a bit odd to credit one administration with all of the acreage since LWCF contributions have fluctuated and been challenged or increased throughout the 9 administrations prior to Trump since it was passed.

One administration passed the legislation, without that, the 8 million acres wouldn't be in federal/state ownership and we wouldn't have any kind of public access to it, hunting, fishing, or otherwise.

For the record, there are values to federal and state land acquisitions beyond what you can run a hook or bullet through, wouldn't you agree?

Did you read page 8 of the link I provided?

The answer is NO, the accessyes program didn't benefit from the farm bill.

I did give credit where it was due, in case you missed it the first time: Look, I'm not downplaying the fact that what Trump did with refuges isn't a good thing, it certainly is. In particular in areas of the country where access is limited and refuges is all you have.

Class dismissed.

actually class is still in session for 2020

Wyoming in 2020 awarded $1,537,501 for it’s access yes program

Take your TDS and little man syndrome and go else where.

Man...this gets old...read page 8, then read the bottom of page 9.

The funding for the access, doesn't come from the VPA-HIP grant....its all there.

You really have TDS bad. This year the state got $1.5 million

“In 2019, the Department completed the three-year Voluntary Public Access & Habitat Incentive Program (VPA-HIP) grant from the National Resource Conservation Service. The VPA-HIP grant benefited the Access Yes Program by providing funding for hiring additional contract personnel, leasing of vehicles, signing supplies, commercial printing, program advertising, and easement payments. The Department hired five contract personnel positions for a six-month period (mid-May through mid-November). The VPA-HIP grant provided funding for advertising and marketing of the Access Yes Program. The marketing and advertising efforts were focused on delivering the Department’s message to constituents about the “rebranding” of the Access Yes Program. These funds assisted with purchasing magazine ads and promotional products including sticky calendars, vests, and hats. Social media and local newspapers ads were used to thank participating landowners. After exhausting all funds received by the VPA-HIP Grant over the last three years and seeing the benefits it provided, the Access Yes Program applied for the grant again in 2020.”

Last edited:

BuzzH

WKR
You really have TDS bad. This year the program get $1.5 million

“In 2019, the Department completed the three-year Voluntary Public Access & Habitat Incentive Program (VPA-HIP) grant from the National Resource Conservation Service. The VPA-HIP grant benefited the Access Yes Program by providing funding for hiring additional contract personnel, leasing of vehicles, signing supplies, commercial printing, program advertising, and easement payments. The Department hired five contract personnel positions for a six-month period (mid-May through mid-November). The VPA-HIP grant provided funding for advertising and marketing of the Access Yes Program. The marketing and advertising efforts were focused on delivering the Department’s message to constituents about the “rebranding” of the Access Yes Program. These funds assisted with purchasing magazine ads and promotional products including sticky calendars, vests, and hats. Social media and local newspapers ads were used to thank participating landowners. After exhausting all funds received by the VPA-HIP Grant over the last three years and seeing the benefits it provided, the Access Yes Program applied for the grant again in 2020.”

Right, and the grant is specific for what the agencies can and cant do with the funding.

Why would the GF commission not approve the 1.5 million going directly to paying for access instead of all the above things you listed. paying for signs, commercial printing, advertising, marketing...strange?

Complete mystery, if you don't think about it.

BTW, this program has been in place since 2008, Who was President in 2008 again? Maybe that was back before Trump hated GWB and was whispering into his ear about how important VPA-HIP grants were.

Possible I suppose.

I'll concede that the VPA-HIP funding is important to marketing and promoting AccessYes if you concede the money used for direct payments to landowners for access comes from the things found on page 8.

I'm reasonable like that.

Last edited:
Right, and the grant is specific for what the agencies can and cant do with the funding.

Why would the GF commission not approve the 1.5 million going directly to paying for access instead of all the above things you listed. paying for signs, commercial printing, advertising, marketing...strange?

Complete mystery, if you don't think about it.

BTW, this program has been in place since 2008, Who was President in 2008 again?

again the state yes program directly benefited and you said they didn’t. You where wrong. I’ll qoute your demeaning tone and tell you to “man up and admit it.”

next show me where I said Trump created the program? I didn’t

I said Obama made cuts to the program and Trump significantly increased it to the tune of 50 million.

like I said you have TDS and superiority complex that obviously lacks fundamentals of actually reading your own reference material you told me a 3rd grader could understand....

Please tell us how trump prevented you from graduating 2nd grade.... I’m kidding about second grade.

Last edited:

IDWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
OR, in other words........"I've done more to create salmon fishing opportunities than any president in history".....after he granted permits to build massive hydroprojects on the river they migrate and spawn in.

I’m surprised that Jr. hasn’t been on the Rogan podcast yet. Should be a good one whenever that happens.

problem with Rogan is he doesn’t have the In depth hunting and conservation background to really facilitate and get to true depth of Jr’s knowledge. I wish Rinella would of went on a 2 hour Rogan type podcast and really put somethings to bed and asked some really tough questions

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
I’m going to fly back up to 30,000 feet and comment that it’s nice to see someone from the first family is a hunter and somewhat active in the (backcountry) hunting lifestyle. That is an apolitical statement.

I was happy to see DTJ on that Kuiu sheep hunt YouTube video. He did a pretty rugged hunt for a silver spoon rich kid, which garnered a little respect from me only because I have to imagine most of his peers are dressing up in traditional British shooting tweed and shooting released pigeons while claiming they are big hunters. I would say the same about an Obama if I saw them scaling mountains for a week with a pack on their back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

problem with Rogan is he doesn’t have the In depth hunting and conservation background to really facilitate and get to true depth of Jr’s knowledge. I wish Rinella would of went on a 2 hour Rogan type podcast and really put somethings to bed and asked some really tough questions
Agreed.

Nonetheless it should be interesting simply because of the various topics that Rogan touches on.

I’m guessing that Jr. goes back on the Meateater podcast sometime before November to discuss topics more thoroughly like we all hoped for.

Thoff1989

Lil-Rokslider
I had some issues using stitcher too, at first it was only about 20mins long and then after it was updated stitcher jumped to a new podcast a few times and marked it as heard...

stonewall

WKR
i had problems too. it took a while just to delete and re-upload. then during the newcomb part it seemed to skip around. Strange

CorbLand

WKR
45e3b5c9fd3b1f7146a558856d9c7481.jpg

Good thing I have plenty of popcorn on hand for this one.

IDWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Wonder why Donnie Jr. didn't have this one in his list of talking points w Rinella?.....Yup, the animals he hunts must just exist in a void with no connection to the landscape on which they live. But dear ol' Dad is working so hard for sportsmen. What a fraud.

My question is... will it be better, worse or a push when Biden is in office?

Thoughts?