Meateater and Ted Nugent

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
As an occasional ME podcast listener, I tried to listen to this one today at work out of curiosity and only made it 30 minutes or so. Nugent and Rinella together = type A personality overload. Why was he even a guest, because he's a hunting celebrity? Is ME trying to become the Howard Stern Show of hunting?

I dislike everything about Ted Nugent. He is loud and annoying, and so deeply opinionated that rational conversation seems like an impossibility. When I meet people like him (which happens more often than I'd like) I immediately scan my surroundings for the quickest exit. The lyrics to jailbate may as well be a written confession for pedophilia, and on the podcast he proudly admitted to blasting a vulture with a .44 to have taxidermied for use as some kind of stage prop. Classy.

How about John Prine? He was probably the antithesis of Ted Nugent during that era of music. A Vietnam vet, terrific songwriter, and general class act. I get your point though, there were probably a lot like Nugent.
Haha yeah the trying to get the last word in was obvious between the twobut it was entertainment for me
I tried not to take the guy too seriously and just listen for entertainment value, I thought he made some interesting points about CWD and some of the petty “laws” some F&G agencies implement

gbflyer

WKR
Because he is a jack ass , sitting at a dinner table with him for 5 minutes is unbearable, when you see hIm on tv or hear a podcast, he is pouring out the charm , fake charm so add 1000% to the ass thought

I was around for a couple outdoor shows myself. Camera guys are badasses, no two ways about it. Can’t recall any of them talking smack about any of the “stars” though. That included Captain Kirk, Robert Duvall, and Gwyneth Paltrow. Seemed like kind of an unwritten rule not to share. Maybe it’s fair game when no longer packing a camera though.

As far as Ted Nugent goes, who’s that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a young hunter I hadn’t had any exposure to Ted nugent prior to this podcast and after listening to it I find it hard to believe anyone would be interested in talking to the guy…

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
I show up for jury duty. I vote. None of my mistakes or shortcomings involved intentionally crapping myself and showing up at an induction center during a war. Hard to see how that is less than disgraceful at that moment and until your last breath.

rodney482

WKR
Funny story about Ted… He was in QC with same bear outfitter I use… the outfitter had adopted a german shepherd that was meaner than all get out. EVERYONE was told do NOT try petting the chained up devil dog in back yard. No one was telling Ted he couldnt do something, next thing you know the dog has him and has bitten through his cowboy boot and not letting go. They finally got the dog off Ted and took him to the medical center in Marlartic where he waited hours to be seen. The entire time he was classic bombastic Ted.

Man I don’t know about y’all but this has been one of the better episodes I feel as far as entertainment goes

Know matter how ya feel about the Nuge gotta respect him for calling a spade a spade

Don’t see eye to eye with him on everything but I felt they did a good job of keeping the spirit of full candor alive on the interview.

What’s y’all’s thoughts
Haven’t listened yet but I will.

I get annoyed by the Meat Eater guy, or anyone, that grew up watching bambi and talks about pain and suffering of animals....... wtf, you are worried about animals feeling pain but you shoot them and stuff anyway? At least be consistent.

I'm a goddamn hitler for all the ground squirrels I shot on the farm growing up, and then the other 200,000 I killed by plowing over. Yeah, people that feel they have to "clean ethical shot" narrate and judge sound like the women on the view to me.

The question was were there any musicians from that era that weren't pedophiles. My answer was yes, John Prine, who being a Vietnam vet was also certainly not a draft dodger. The debate wasn't about taste in music. Maybe taste in character though.

KurtR

WKR
The question was were there any musicians from that era that weren't pedophiles. My answer was yes, John Prine, who being a Vietnam vet was also certainly not a draft dodger. The debate wasn't about taste in music. Maybe taste in character though.
So you personally are buddies with the guy and know him thats cool ever get any jam sessions in?

KHNC

WKR
Ted nugent 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
I used to film hunting television shows , and Ted was a total prick
he spit a lung biscuit in the chili on purpose to ruin everyone else’s dinner, was a loudmouth know it all and Genral PIA I hope I never see or hear anything from him again
Asshole should have stuck to Rock N Roll, and stayed off of tv.

It goes back into the 70s when he had a consensual relationship with a 17 year old and became her legal guardian with her parents blessing. Also, Courtney Love claims to have given him a BJ at the age of 12 and I think there was some other 16 or 17 year old. Nugent was around 30 at the time.

It's not pedophilia, but it isn't right or legal everywhere.

Pedophilia is much more specific.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reminds me of this bit.

WCB

WKR
After what he did to Jim Zumbo, I would not pull nugent out of a burning car.
What he do to him...didn't he basically give him a platform to apologize from and introduce him to ARs after Jimbo stuck both his feet and his D!c$ is his mouth?

Gun writers in general are bottom of the barrel types.

Status
Not open for further replies.