Meateater and Ted Nugent

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJB

WKR
Show me one rock star back then that didn't do groupies.......70's-80's almost anything was in play crazy times.
I'm sure he picked out a few hot girls for the after party!

I dated a promoter's daughter in the late 80's the blow and the chicks were insane backstage

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
It goes back into the 70s when he had a consensual relationship with a 17 year old and became her legal guardian with her parents blessing. Also, Courtney Love claims to have given him a BJ at the age of 12 and I think there was some other 16 or 17 year old. Nugent was around 30 at the time.

It's not pedophilia, but it isn't right or legal everywhere.

Pedophilia is much more specific.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Dang
Thanks for sharing, didn’t know he carried those accusations

I'll have to give it a listen, not so much for Ted but for the CWD talk. I hunt in the same vicinity of the Duren farm.

As an occasional ME podcast listener, I tried to listen to this one today at work out of curiosity and only made it 30 minutes or so. Nugent and Rinella together = type A personality overload. Why was he even a guest, because he's a hunting celebrity? Is ME trying to become the Howard Stern Show of hunting?

I dislike everything about Ted Nugent. He is loud and annoying, and so deeply opinionated that rational conversation seems like an impossibility. When I meet people like him (which happens more often than I'd like) I immediately scan my surroundings for the quickest exit. The lyrics to jailbate may as well be a written confession for pedophilia, and on the podcast he proudly admitted to blasting a vulture with a .44 to have taxidermied for use as some kind of stage prop. Classy.
On another note, is there a single rockstar from the 70s and 80s that didn't diddle young girls/boys?
How about John Prine? He was probably the antithesis of Ted Nugent during that era of music. A Vietnam vet, terrific songwriter, and general class act. I get your point though, there were probably a lot like Nugent.

KurtR

WKR
As an occasional ME podcast listener, I tried to listen to this one today at work out of curiosity and only made it 30 minutes or so. Nugent and Rinella together = type A personality overload. Why was he even a guest, because he's a hunting celebrity? Is ME trying to become the Howard Stern Show of hunting?

I dislike everything about Ted Nugent. He is loud and annoying, and so deeply opinionated that rational conversation seems like an impossibility. When I meet people like him (which happens more often than I'd like) I immediately scan my surroundings for the quickest exit. The lyrics to jailbate may as well be a written confession for pedophilia, and on the podcast he proudly admitted to blasting a vulture with a .44 to have taxidermied for use as some kind of stage prop. Classy.

How about John Prine? He was probably the antithesis of Ted Nugent during that era of music. A Vietnam vet, terrific songwriter, and general class act. I get your point though, there were probably a lot like Nugent.
Who is John prine?

Fatcamp

WKR
To me Ted Nugent is the Donald Trump of hunting. On a high level, we are in agreement on a lot of topics. But when I hear him talk, I just shake my head and wonder what is wrong with him.

Ya, it baffles me. Fundamentally we agree on a bunch of levels, but holy cats he comes off as an ass.

ODB

WKR
If you don't know, maybe you should blow up your TV, and throw away the paper.

Move to the country and build a home

Some of those songs are friggin awesome. I remember my dad singing “ there’s a hole in daddy’s arm, where all the money goes” and not having a damn clue what he was talking about. When I got older and listened to the album I was like…oh shit. That’s great stuff.

Move to the country and build a home

Some of those songs are friggin awesome. I remember my dad singing “ there’s a hole in daddy’s arm, where all the money goes” and not having a damn clue what he was talking about. When I got older and listened to the album I was like…oh shit. That’s great stuff.
Definitely great stuff. Some of the best ever.

Reactions: ODB

Fatcamp

WKR
Because he is a jack ass , sitting at a dinner table with him for 5 minutes is unbearable, when you see hIm on tv or hear a podcast, he is pouring out the charm , fake charm so add 1000% to the ass thought

🤣 I don't see myself being able to spend any time around him. At all. Don't tolerate narcissistic people, and he defines that trait.

ODB

WKR
All I know is, ever since I moved in, my neighbor’s favorite song is Stranglehold. He listens to it on full blast at all hours of the night.

WHETHER HE LIKES IT, or NOT!

🤘

Hibernation from Double Live Gonzo is THE best Nugent song.

“This guitar right here is guarantee to blow the balls off a charging rhino…”

The best.

Status
Not open for further replies.