Meat grinder cleaning

Jethro

WKR
A straw scrub brush works good for cleaning the holes in grinder plates and a rubber bristle bottle brush for auger/feed chamber. I also use hot soapy water with bleach in it.

I have no tips for the specific part 2ski is asking about.

I wash all the parts down with hot soapy water, rinse in clear hot water then a second soak in hot water with a bit of bleach followed bye another rinse in clear hot water wipe dry with a clean cloth and set the parts on the butcher table for a air dry.

goalie

FNG
I take mine apart and clean with soap and hot water. Before putting it away for the year, I do a bleach water soak.

Then I clean it before using again

Like some here I wash mine in hot soapy water. I let it dry completely then spray with a food grade silicone. My LEM comes apart nice.

JPD350

WKR
So
This piece goes inside what I'm talking about. This auger goes into the main unit. And then there's an L shaped part that covers this. Inside that L shaped piece is a piece of plastic and its that, that I'm trying to clean. The rest is easy to scrub with hot soapy water and I'm comfortable with that part.
That plastic piece pops right out and you can easily clean everything.

Wrench

WKR
Geez, some of you guys put a lot more into it than I do. I spray mine off with 140* water till there's no sign of meat or fat and put it away. I don't like bleach on aluminum. I don't like chemicals in my grinder....and If a game animal has some bad icky that can survive 9 months without food or water only be rehydrated to kill me next year....I doubt dish soap would have killed it and I'm screwed.

I am the butcher for our place and our motto is "beef free since 93'.".....so it obviously works.

lonedave

WKR
I'm a wash it in hot soapy water, let it dry, and put it away guy. I have definitely had the oxidation problem on parts of an older grinder that went through the dishwasher. The only thing do that hasn't been mentioned is I use a pipe cleaner or two to clean the small holes in the grind plate. I do like the idea of a mineral oil coating, so I may try that after it's next use.

rsw669961

FNG
I use Pam oil (in a spray can). Then clean before use. Probably don't even need to clean.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk