Meat grinder cleaning

2ski

WKR
So anyone do anything to clean your meat grinder other than soap and water? I was considering doing a bleach/sanitizer rinse before calling it good to make sure every nook and cranny got covered. The part that kind of worries me is the plastic piece inside the neck? Part of the grinder. You can't really get into the little crevices around it completely. I was thinking putting it in a bleach/water mixture might be a good idea. This is a LEM #8.

What does everyone do?

cnelk

WKR
I take my LEM #8 completely apart, wipe off what I can and then let it soak in real hot soapy water for quite awhile.

Then I'll use a couple different scrub brushes, even a toothbrush, to clean all the parts.

Rich M

WKR
Rinse of chunks and fat, then into the dishwasher for my LEM 3/4 hp parts.

Does LEM make an aluminum version? I used to use dishwasher on a cheap aluminum grinder we had, it would get black dust from oxidation, so we'd wash before and after use.

jmez

WKR
When done grinding I run about a half a loaf of bread through mine. Cleans out most all of the meat chunks. Then warm soapy water by hand with different sized brushes.

wyosam

WKR
I do a very diluted bleach soak after scrubbing with soap and water. Sometimes I’ll chuck the parts in the dishwasher, but usually just hand wash. The first time I get it after storage in the fall I’ll do a quick bleach soak and rinse. That goes for all my processing equipment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JakeSCH

WKR
I take apart, use hot soppy water to get everything off. After I dry it I spray with weston's food grade silicone spray.

I have the cabela's 1HP.

Full disassembly then hot soapy water and bleach. Then dry real well and wipe down with mineral oil before putting away. Have also used food grade silicone, but mineral oil seems easier.

OP

2ski

WKR
So
I don’t find it hard to clean this part?

View attachment 243284
This piece goes inside what I'm talking about. This auger goes into the main unit. And then there's an L shaped part that covers this. Inside that L shaped piece is a piece of plastic and its that, that I'm trying to clean. The rest is easy to scrub with hot soapy water and I'm comfortable with that part.