Maybe the lowest priced option to benchmade altitude

Knife was dull. Not even semi sharp. I put it on my lansky diamond sf 20 degrees and it took a bit but it’s hair popping sharp now. A good strop with green compound and the edges are shining.

I’m a big fan!!!

Someone said some not very nice things about my choice of paracord. Does this scream….HEYYYYYY BOYSSSSS in my lispiest voice?
I have a lansksy diamond sharpener thing.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Super easy. Start with the coarsest you have. Put it on 20 degrees. Work one edge until you start to feel a burr on the other side. Then flip until the burr switches. Then move down one grit, repeat and flip the burr, turn over and flip the burr. Keep going until you’re at fine. Then stroke back and forth. Then strop. It’ll take some elbow grease.

Ucsdryder

WKR
This is similar to the method I used.

I like to angle it in the holder at the same angle as the blade from the tip to back of the knife. See picture. That seems to give the most consistent edge. Draw a line with a sharpie from tip to tip.

Attachments

• 60FBD6A4-1B37-4C45-A183-15D8739D03FF.jpeg
    60FBD6A4-1B37-4C45-A183-15D8739D03FF.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 86

twall13

WKR
Let me know how the Ken Onion works for you, as that’s what I have and will be using. My blades showed up today as well and will definitely need ran through the sharpener.
You may get to it before me as I'm headed out of town for about a week and won't get to it till I'm back. Anxious to see how it works though as two of those blades were downright dull and the other wasn't super sharp but at least grabbed at my fingernail a bit when I rested the blades on it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

ShakeDown

WKR
Mine came in. Initial reviews are good. Blade was decently sharp. I won’t be able to sit down and go to work on it for a few days but I will report when I do.

I like those cork handles @sndmn11, pretty jealous. Great job.

Last edited:

lak2004

WKR
Damn I'm mad i didn't come across this thread sooner! I needed something to spend $60 on!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
So everyone is talking about the knife and it sounds great after some work but what about the belts? Are they any good?

twall13

WKR
So everyone is talking about the knife and it sounds great after some work but what about the belts? Are they any good?
I got one of the ridge 2.0 belts with my order. I like it ok but it's not my favorite. The material has a weird odor, which I'm hoping will wear off in time. It does seem durable and it's fairly comfortable but I wish it were an extra 1/4" in width as my pants will slide down in the belt loops just a bit with the slick material. I have only been using it for a couple of days and have only tried one of the two buckles they included. Overall, I much prefer the Marsupial belts, and they are significantly less money. Don't get me wrong, it's a good belt and I may be in the minority as I know different people have different preferences, it's just not my personal favorite.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

boys
i got mine but WATCH the paracord and tighten it down,never had a paracorded knife before,so tighen it,
i wont send a picture of my thumb
lol

OP
Blandry

Blandry

WKR
What I like about the Ridge belt is it's extremely stiff. You can really load it up. I did notice the odd smell when new, not good for a hunting product. I just smelled the one I've been wearing for 2 weeks daily and the smell is gone just fyi.

The slickness also wears off and it becomes a little tacky feeling which I like and it won't absorb moisture, like ZERO and that's always a good thing.

Last edited:

kpbrown31

FNG
I think I will like that it won’t absorb moisture and maybe breathe a little better, but honestly if I didn’t know any better and saw it laying on a shelf I’d just consider it a cheap plastic belt. Maybe my opinion will change with time.

Just got mine too. Dull. Here's Some specs for you weight weenies out there:

Knife (No Wrap): 43g, 1.5 oz
Sheath (no beltloop): 21g, 0.74 oz
Beltloop w/ hardware: 23g, 0.8 oz

I took a dremel tool the sheath, 17 grams now- for you real weight weenies. I'll use zip ties for mounting it to a pack/belt.

Pn8hall

WKR
Got mine yesterday as well. Its sort of sharp. Gets a little sticky slicing paper right in the belly. Will need some sharpening work for sure but damn it sure is light.