Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44mm SHR-Mil Q&A

@Formidilosus being that I shit the bed and didn't see the scopes back in stock this afternoon and the mil version is sold out again, is the moa version worth getting in your opinion? I have only ever shot moa but was planning to learn mils with this one. Or should I look at the Nightforce SHV F1 in mils? I need, I guess want is a better word, a scope for a sheep hunt in August. I planned to use my SHV 3-10 until I saw the Maven and have been watching Maven's site as best I could but missed it. Thanks

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
@Formidilosus being that I shit the bed and didn't see the scopes back in stock this afternoon and the mil version is sold out again, is the moa version worth getting in your opinion? I have only ever shot moa but was planning to learn mils with this one. Or should I look at the Nightforce SHV F1 in mils? I need, I guess want is a better word, a scope for a sheep hunt in August. I planned to use my SHV 3-10 until I saw the Maven and have been watching Maven's site as best I could but missed it. Thanks

I would wait for the Mil.

If they don’t come back in stock before your hunt, let me know and I will send you one to use.

@Formidilosus Thats a very generous offer, I really appreciate it! I'm going to call them tomorrow and see when they might be getting more in. Thanks again!

Last edited:
@ReddingArcher I have no inside knowledge but that last time they came in stock it seemed like it came in waves, and the gray version has not come back in yet. Keep watching the site as it wouldn't surprise me to see more in stock in the next week. Also, wait for the MILs version.

They told me that there was another shipment of SHR-Mil’s coming first week of June.

This your first one, or do you already have one and outfitting other rifles?
I already have one on my primary gun. It’s replaced both an ATACR and an NXS 2.5-10. It takes care of both needs really. The reticle is so much nicer to use than a Mil-R reticle. I’m going to put another one on my trainer .22 and probably sell my NXS that’s on it now.
IMG_3264.jpeg

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
I already have one on my primary gun. It’s replaced both an ATACR and an NXS 2.5-10. It takes care of both needs really. The reticle is so much nicer to use than a Mil-R reticle. I’m going to put another one on my trainer .22 and probably sell my NXS that’s on it now.
View attachment 715910
Sweet setup indeed. Not to derail here, but I gotta chime too and ask what pack is that?

ChrisAU

WKR
View attachment 715910
I was gonna ask about the flip covers, but I also need to know about the pack!

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
View attachment 715910

Now you’ve done it.

SDHNTR

WKR
Has Maven commented specifically on the supply side why these are so hard to keep in stock?

I get the demand side, but what is preventing them from keeping up?

It is a prototype EXO K4 made with Ultra fabric. It’s a work in progress. V 1.2 will be tested this summer. It won’t be in production for a while. Think SG Terminus 7000 weight but the load capability & comfort of a K4.

Flip covers on the Maven are the Aadland ones that come with the RS1.2 package.

They fix the pocket layout debacle that plagues the other k4 bags?