Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44mm SHR-Mil Q&A

SDHNTR

WKR
People said same thing about Vortex, Been 11 years since Maven opened, as far as Supply chain welcome to the disadvantages of direct to consumer and outsourced mfg.

Hopefully Maven doesn’t loose sight of quality over quantity like Vortex.
Nightforce outsources their manufacturing too. I can get what I want from them, when I want it. It must come down to who’s better capitalized.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Nightforce outsources their manufacturing too. I can get what I want from them, when I want it. It must come down to who’s better capitalized.

Are you trying to buy an RS1.2?

Yes but Night Force pre-sales to dealers. So vast majority of order quantity is set usually a year in advance with major bulk going to dealers, Night force’s actual in-house inventory is pretty low. Majority of their direct sales is probably their pro-programs and warranty replacement.

maven has same issue Kuiu’s direct to consumer model had first half decade of business, because of demand they were basically pre selling container loads, so they ended up with little inventory.

I image Maven’s demand issue on this particular scope(I didn’t see any other stock issue) was a demand issue directly tied to Form drop testing, regardless where one stands I image the analytics is pretty shocking for Rokslide and Maven

Most people don’t realize that most mfg products are year in advance booking.

clothing is a perfect example. You are basically buying MFG space, so your order are a year out to allow for the mfg etc to source and build.

Last edited:

SDHNTR

WKR
Yes but Night Force pre-sales to dealers. So vast majority of order quality is set usually a year in advance, Night force’s actual in-house inventory is pretty low. Majority of their direct sales is probably their pro-programs and warranty replacement.

maven has same issue Kuiu’s direct to consumer model had first half decade of business, because of demand they were basically pre selling container loads, so they ended up with little inventory.

I image Maven’s demand issue on this particular scope(I didn’t see any other stock issue) was a demand issue directly tied to Form drop testing, regardless where one stands I image the analytics is pretty shocking for Rokslide and Maven
I get all that. Make bigger orders. The demand is obviously there.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I get all that. Make bigger orders. The demand is obviously there.

How do you know that they haven’t? If they are ordering a year plus in advance, they can’t just snap their fingers and make the scopes appear.

huntnful

WKR
Well I’m about to sell an ATACR 4-20 Mil-C to fund two RS1.2’s on a .223 and 6.5. I’ve thought about it for a while and I think I’m making the right call, but there’s still part of me concerned something could go sideways with these as we get towards higher round counts and use in Form’s testing. Has anyone had any issues with these to date that we’re aware of?
I sold an ATACR 4-20 Mil-C and then bought 2 of the 3-18X44 tenmile’s when they were on sale. Absolutely no regrets. I’d think you would feel the same way about the maven as well hopefully.

SDHNTR

WKR
How do you know that they haven’t? If they are ordering a year plus in advance, they can’t just snap their fingers and make the scopes appear.
You may be right. But if they did do a big order, why did they sell out again so fast ? I have no idea. It’s just frustrating as a consumer. And other than SWFA which apparently has organizational issues, I’ve never had to deal with this when I want to buy a scope.

Last edited:

SDHNTR

WKR
I don’t think the demand was there until forms test is what I’m saying. It would very much explain why only one rifle scope is sold out, again
Probably so, but the demand can’t be surprising to them anymore, right? Order accordingly, and by accordingly, I would think that would mean housing enough inventory that would last for a while.

I’m saying all this not knowing Jack about what they are up against, so don’t take me too seriously.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Yes. I’ve tried. Not fast enough I guess.

Got you.

You may be right. But if they did do a big order, why did they sell out again so fast ? I have no idea. It’s just frustrating as a consumer. And other than SWFA which apparently has organizational issues, I’ve never had to deal with this when I want to buy a scope.

Because it’s a year plus order ahead- the scopes just came out in December. If they made a massive order (not saying that they did) in February or March, it’ll be mid next year before those come in. Maven had no clue that the RS1.2 would sell like it has- no scope they’ve made has before.

SDHNTR

WKR
Got you.

Because it’s a year plus order ahead- the scopes just came out in December. If they made a massive order (not saying that they did) in February or March, it’ll be mid next year before those come in. Maven had no clue that the RS1.2 would sell like it has- no scope they’ve made has before.
Interesting. Had no idea it took that long.

Nope. I admittedly do not.
Any orders they are currently getting are probably just small run allocation orders where the OEM is able to sneak some time in on the lines for Maven. I'm sure Maven is probably getting all they currently can and will eventually get their larger order if they placed one

Well I’m about to sell an ATACR 4-20 Mil-C to fund two RS1.2’s on a .223 and 6.5. I’ve thought about it for a while and I think I’m making the right call, but there’s still part of me concerned something could go sideways with these as we get towards higher round counts and use in Form’s testing. Has anyone had any issues with these to date that we’re aware of?
I was in a similar boat… using a NF 4-16 ATACR and an SHV F1 on my main hunting rifles for a while. This past fall I started using a SWFA 5-20 heavily. These are all great scopes and I still have them and use them.

But, on my main hunting rifle I swapped to the Maven and haven’t missed the others at all. The reticle is far better. It has the right features compared to SWFA, and you save some weight too.

The only thing I sometimes dislike is the unscrewing of the turret top to make zero adjustments (never shifted, but when I put the Maven on, then when I added a suppressor, and when going to the rokstok I made small adjustments). You’ve got to really hold the rest of the turret steady to get the top off and not accidentally add in a click or two. But once it’s set you’re golden.

Odd1out

Lil-Rokslider
I already have one on my primary gun. It’s replaced both an ATACR and an NXS 2.5-10. It takes care of both needs really. The reticle is so much nicer to use than a Mil-R reticle. I’m going to put another one on my trainer .22 and probably sell my NXS that’s on it now.
View attachment 715910
What height hawkins rings are you using on your setup?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
Interesting. Had no idea it took that long.

I am nearly certain that's why there are trickles of stock. X quantity fits in an efficient method of shipping and because the demand is there, it gets sent out. Rather than OOS for the entirety of the order's production time. It eats a little bit of margin but possibly captures a conversion that would move on due to losing interest.

Remember, NF was a few months out for about 2.5yrs on mainline SKUs and just settled down a year ago. @Macintosh has oodles of experience in sourcing and demand planning and might be worth a PM if you want to learn the intricacies.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the RS1.2 has sold more than all the other models combined, and I cannot imagine how any responsible owners could have predicted that.

How many rounds are you after? Have you seen my posts in @Dioni A’s thread regarding these scopes?

I think 3k rounds of actual use is a good place to be. I just remember the Meopta that @Formidilosus was testing seemed to be doing great until it wasn’t at ~2k rounds IIRC. Seems the optics that make it over that hump (correct me if I’m wrong Form) seem to be good to go and approaching or within NF territory in terms of reliability.