Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44mm SHR-Mil Q&A

I already have one on my primary gun. It’s replaced both an ATACR and an NXS 2.5-10. It takes care of both needs really. The reticle is so much nicer to use than a Mil-R reticle. I’m going to put another one on my trainer .22 and probably sell my NXS that’s on it now.
View attachment 715910
What’s the reason you replaced the NXS with the Maven?

You should be head over heels with that, UltraPE doesn't have a rival.
Went through a couple Terminus packs and now this prototype. Packed out 3 sheep in Ultra constructed packs now. If Steve goes forward with this project, it’s going to be dialed. The Terminus bag is great. But, the K4 frame most certainly out performs the Krux Evo frame, for me anyways.
What’s the reason you replaced the NXS with the Maven?
For all the reasons @Formidilosus has talked about. The RS 1.2 is like a combination of the best features of the NXS Compact and the Baby ATACR, but with a much better reticle.

I’m so much more precise with the floating center dot rather than Mil-R. Also it is a lot more intuitive to hold small amounts of wind, ie 2 mil or under. The weight increase over the NXS doesn’t bother me for the features I get with it.

Went through a couple Terminus packs and now this prototype. Packed out 3 sheep in Ultra constructed packs now. If Steve goes forward with this project, it’s going to be dialed. The Terminus bag is great. But, the K4 frame most certainly out performs the Krux Evo frame, for me anyways.

For all the reasons @Formidilosus has talked about. The RS 1.2 is like a combination of the best features of the NXS Compact and the Baby ATACR, but with a much better reticle.

I’m so much more precise with the floating center dot rather than Mil-R. Also it is a lot more intuitive to hold small amounts of wind, ie 2 mil or under. The weight increase over the NXS doesn’t bother me for the features I get with it.
Thanks. I only understand MOA, need to take a dive into Mil and see what the fuss is about. Was magnification ever an issue with the NXS? I’m coming from a MK5 to the NXS for my first hunting season using a 10x scope, so I’m curious if that’ll be enough.

Thanks. I only understand MOA, need to take a dive into Mil and see what the fuss is about. Was magnification ever an issue with the NXS? I’m coming from a MK5 to the NXS for my first hunting season using a 10x scope, so I’m curious if that’ll be enough.
Yes, you do. Plenty of info from Form alone for you to devour. Use the search bar and enter his username, along with the search enquiry you’ll find everything you need to know, then go listen to the recent S2H podcast on it.

10x magnification will not be an issue for you. I now like to shoot little pieces of steel at 1200 + yards and 15x is nice, even if I don’t always use that much mag. 10x is plenty sufficient for nearly every hunting situation.

Yes, you do. Plenty of info from Form alone for you to devour. Use the search bar and enter his username, along with the search enquiry you’ll find everything you need to know, then go listen to the recent S2H podcast on it.

10x magnification will not be an issue for you. I now like to shoot little pieces of steel at 1200 + yards and 15x is nice, even if I don’t always use that much mag. 10x is plenty sufficient for nearly every hunting situation.
Awesome. Thank you!

MT_Wyatt

WKR

I started using Mils “cold” simply with info posted on here. It’s really not that hard, just treat it like another unit of measure system and go from there. People get hung up because of wanting to do math in your head to convert 550 yard come up from MOA to inches, but it’s not required. The gun # with wind and quick drops with mils are really nice.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
They fix the pocket layout debacle that plagues the other k4 bags?
I’d be genuinely interested to hear what this is - I did a little search to see if you had posted on it prior, didn’t come up with anything. Might be better for the mega K4 thread to keep this one focused. I know Form has said he hated those side pockets, is that what doesn’t work for you? So far in using them, I could certainly be okay without them to simplify and lighten things, but they are pretty low profile as well, the open/stretchy sides would likely drive me more crazy.

Ben super excited to see there’s some new fabrics in testing. All bag based I assume? That squadron product seems to work well for the frame upper.

It's pretty simple. Sit down with a k4 7200 bag, get something out of the front stretch pocket, and something out of the main pocket. Observe what happens. I did post in the main k4 thread, the exo guys never responded.

Well I’m about to sell an ATACR 4-20 Mil-C to fund two RS1.2’s on a .223 and 6.5. I’ve thought about it for a while and I think I’m making the right call, but there’s still part of me concerned something could go sideways with these as we get towards higher round counts and use in Form’s testing. Has anyone had any issues with these to date that we’re aware of?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Well I’m about to sell an ATACR 4-20 Mil-C to fund two RS1.2’s on a .223 and 6.5. I’ve thought about it for a while and I think I’m making the right call, but there’s still part of me concerned something could go sideways with these as we get towards higher round counts and use in Form’s testing. Has anyone had any issues with these to date that we’re aware of?
How many rounds are you after? Have you seen my posts in @Dioni A’s thread regarding these scopes?

SDHNTR

WKR
I’d be more worried about Maven being around several years from now. Nightforce is well established. I don’t know about Maven. Is it a bad sign they can’t fulfill orders?

fwafwow

WKR
Does the "email me when available" work? I can't seem to even sign up for it (it may be a home network setting), but it appears that folks didn't get alerted in time in any event.

Does the "email me when available" work? I can't seem to even sign up for it (it may be a home network setting), but it appears that folks didn't get alerted in time in any event.
Yes, I just got email MOA are back in stock but MIL was not

I’d be more worried about Maven being around several years from now. Nightforce is well established. I don’t know about Maven. Is it a bad sign they can’t fulfill orders?
People said same thing about Vortex, Been 11 years since Maven opened, as far as Supply chain welcome to the disadvantages of direct to consumer and outsourced mfg.

Hopefully Maven doesn’t loose sight of quality over quantity like Vortex has