Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44mm SHR-Mil Q&A

Dobermann

WKR
Has anyone owned the trijicon ten mile and the rs.1? trying to decide between the two?
I asked Form's opinion of this, seeing as he had used both extensively. Here was his reply (at https://rokslide.com/forums/threads...mm-field-eval-q-a.252007/page-21#post-3441326)

Provided that the RS1.2’s turn out to be as reliable and consistent, I certainly wouldn’t pick a Tenmile over it for hunting. If a tree reticle was a requirement and the relative lack of elevation travel isn’t an issue, then the Tenmile is certainly an option. But I really can’t think of anything I do where the design of the Tenmile is better than the design RS1.2. I won’t replace the ones I have or use, but I wouldn’t buy anymore right now.

Sled

WKR
No, the 1” 3-15? did and didn’t pass but may have been previously damaged from improper mounting. I think someone on 24hr CF did do a drop test of the 2.5-15 30mm Tract and it faired better.

I hope this gets gets tested here.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Forgive me if I've asked this before, but any reason for the three shot 'groups'?

Mostly just for showing how “3 shot groups” tell you almost nothing. The gun is a true 1.5’ish MOA gun with this ammo, yet almost all 3 shot groups have been below .75 MOA, and most around .5-.6 MOA.

Also as seen in the last targets, how zeroing or adjusting zero based on a 3 shot group will have you chasing your tail usually. I adjusted after each 3 shot group what was needed to bring them to center- and it only resulted in shooting all around the POA.

Is the rs1.2 moa reticle just as good as the mil version? If not I'll probably just suffer with the tree reticle on the tenmile

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
Is the rs1.2 moa reticle just as good as the mil version? If not I'll probably just suffer with the tree reticle on the tenmile
It might not be quite as good as the Mil but still better than most other MOA FFP reticles and usable on low powers. I went with it because it was available and like it.

It might not be quite as good as the Mil but still better than most other MOA FFP reticles and usable on low powers. I went with it because it was available and like it.
Thank you. You made me comfortable with trying one out. Where'd you purchase from?

QuickTrigger7

Lil-Rokslider
I was just about to order one yestraday and they sould out that morning. Let me know if anyone wants to get rid of one. Trying to put a rifle together before Spring bear season in may