Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

Outside of rokslide and similar site members, I think the vast majority of “hunters” would say:

“2-8 and FFP? what the heck is that good for?” Then proceed to buy a 4-16x SFP BDC scope because it’s mo betta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
agree. The RS1.2 having 15x on the high end probably appeals to a lot of people who think they need lots of mag to shoot beyond 100 yards and i'd be lying if i said I didn't like it when punching paper.

wyosam

WKR
I really wish they would do an ultralight version of this scope. 2-8x32 or something similar, ffp, no illumination, maybe a 1-in tube if they could do that and have it be just as reliable. If the swfa 3 – 9 is 19 oz, I would think what I've described above could be made at 16 oz or maybe a little less

I’d be stoked for a reliable scope in that mag range, and would be happy with SFP if it makes it lighter. It seems like the low power/smaller size scopes on the market are either questionable on reliability, or nearly as heavy as a scope with larger objective/more power on the high end.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I really wish they would do an ultralight version of this scope. 2-8x32 or something similar, ffp, no illumination, maybe a 1-in tube if they could do that and have it be just as reliable. If the swfa 3 – 9 is 19 oz, I would think what I've described above could be made at 16 oz or maybe a little less
Fixed 8x50 with the SHR MIL reticle, no illumination, everything else the same would be the one for me. That’s a perfect 0-800 yard hunting scope for me.

Outside of rokslide and similar site members, I think the vast majority of “hunters” would say:

“2-8 and FFP? what the heck is that good for?” Then proceed to buy a 4-16x SFP BDC scope because it’s mo betta

This is sadly true

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
This may sound goofy.... does Maven know who is buying all of the RS1.2 in MIL reticle? If so, maybe they could just do a run for us on this thread. You know this group could make the entire batch disapear in a week or less. I do not mean the standard order, I mean a full shipment of nothing else!

This may sound goofy.... does Maven know who is buying all of the RS1.2 in MIL reticle? If so, maybe they could just do a run for us on this thread. You know this group could make the entire batch disapear in a week or less. I do not mean the standard order, I mean a full shipment of nothing else!
Rokslide limited edition with green accent colors? Hate to say it but they could probably charge extra for it and sell out just as fast.

Dobermann

WKR
They know.

And one of their senior people said odd things about us on a podcast; I think it's discussed earlier in the thread.

They showed that they didn't understand either their own product or their main customer base for it.

It was very strange, and could clearly affect their sales. A couple of us let them know. The response went something like this:

Dobermann

WKR
Rokslide limited edition with green accent colors? Hate to say it but they could probably charge extra for it and sell out just as fast.
You can order them with green accents.

At one point, you could order the RS 1.2 with custom colours cheaper than the plain - and that was listed as an available option, when the plain were listed as out of stock.

Their whole business model sometimes seems more cackywumpus than SWFA's ...

Grizzle

FNG
They know.

And one of their senior people said odd things about us on a podcast; I think it's discussed earlier in the thread.

They showed that they didn't understand either their own product or their main customer base for it.

It was very strange, and could clearly affect their sales. A couple of us let them know. The response went something like this:

Can anyone link that podcast or where it was discussed? Id be interested to hear that

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Well folks. We are going to see in a bit here if this rifle is still zeroed…

I’m on my way out to a moose hunt here in Alaska. I stopped by my buddies place in Eagle River and we loaded into his truck/flat bed trailer and headed to his property about 3 hours up the highway. I’m helping him finish a roof today before I take off to hunt.

I brought my rifle in case a big moose comes through while we’re roofing (you never know).

He opens the back door where I had my pack and rifle in the back seat and his dog had pushed my gear to where it was leaning against the door. I hear a loud clack and then that hollow carbon stock banging sound.

He said the gun landed barrel/scope first and then bounced a bit and landed flat. This is compacted rock/road base.

Zero check coming up soon…

IMG_8714.jpeg

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
It hit hard enough that the windage turret knurling cut through scope cover.

IMG_8717.jpeg

Ended up with zero elevation shift. Had 0.4 MIL impact shift to the left.

Have since dialed left and right over 50 MILS and it’s back holding zero on 10 shots at 100 yards.

Last edited:

gbflyer

WKR
Well folks. We are going to see in a bit here if this rifle is still zeroed…

I’m on my way out to a moose hunt here in Alaska. I stopped by my buddies place in Eagle River and we loaded into his truck/flat bed trailer and headed to his property about 3 hours up the highway. I’m helping him finish a roof today before I take off to hunt.

I brought my rifle in case a big moose comes through while we’re roofing (you never know).

He opens the back door where I had my pack and rifle in the back seat and his dog had pushed my gear to where it was leaning against the door. I hear a loud clack and then that hollow carbon stock banging sound.

He said the gun landed barrel/scope first and then bounced a bit and landed flat. This is compacted rock/road base.

Zero check coming up soon…

View attachment 758415

Hey that padded scope cover is an unauthorized accessory for the drop test, results will be skewed.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Hey that padded scope cover is an unauthorized accessory for the drop test, results will be skewed.
I think it would have been a larger impact shift than 0.4 MIL without it. My heart sank a bit when it happened, and my buddy felt so incredibly awful. I’m sure glad I listed to Ryan and Form and started using scopes that don’t suck.

After being laid up in a hotel in Anchorage for the last 2 days with a sinus infection and lungs full of green snot, I’m finally heading out tomorrow into the wilderness for the next 10 days.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Stopped at my buddies cabin on the way out. Gave the rifle and scope a bit of a rubber mallet treatment to sort of “knock it around” a little bit after the nasty drop. Dialed another 50 MILs left and right and up/back to zero stop with both turrets.

Shot 3 rounds off my pack with bino harness as rear rest at 100 yards. Shot as quickly as I could back to back. Circled in orange.

Shot another 3 shots seated with long Spartan bipod up front no rear rest at 100 yards. Shot as quickly as I could back to back. Circled in blue.

Went out to 412 yards. Seated shot with Spartan long front bipod and backpack/rear field bag as rear rest. Dialed for elevation and held for wind.

Winds were from 10-11 o clock but gusting badly. Steady winds were 9-13 MPH big gusts were clicking at 21-23 MPH. 5 shots back to back. Shots circled in green. Should have held a bit more but overall happy with the gun and scope after an atrocious drop onto rocks.

Back on the road!

IMG_8761.jpeg

Ucsdryder

WKR
Stopped at my buddies cabin on the way out. Gave the rifle and scope a bit of a rubber mallet treatment to sort of “knock it around” a little bit after the nasty drop. Dialed another 50 MILs left and right and up/back to zero stop with both turrets.

Shot 3 rounds off my pack with bino harness as rear rest at 100 yards. Shot as quickly as I could back to back. Circled in orange.

Shot another 3 shots seated with long Spartan bipod up front no rear rest at 100 yards. Shot as quickly as I could back to back. Circled in blue.

Went out to 412 yards. Seated shot with Spartan long front bipod and backpack/rear field bag as rear rest. Dialed for elevation and held for wind.

Winds were from 10-11 o clock but gusting badly. Steady winds were 9-13 MPH big gusts were clicking at 21-23 MPH. 5 shots back to back. Shots circled in green. Should have held a bit more but overall happy with the gun and scope after an atrocious drop onto rocks.

Back on the road!

View attachment 759909
I’m not sure how I should view this.

1. That rifle is ugly as sin, but that’s ok, it’s what’s on the inside that counts. I bet it has a great personality! 😂. Just messing with you.

All this emphasis has been put on these scope evaluations by some members on here. So after getting the gold star from you know who, we have a scope that fell and shifted. What does this tell us? If your scope takes a hit, you probably need to confirm zero. Maybe this scope is LESS likely to have a POI shift than say a vortex LHT, but without there being a measurable way to tell just which impacts are “ok” and which are “not ok”, what value does the scope evaluations really have? I’m kind of thinking out loud here…

Btw, I have a 1.2 as well and the POI shift makes me sad.

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
The drop tests provide a fairly repeatable standard, not a guarantee that nothing will shift or need to be tested in the field. There are worse falls and impacts out there than 18" and 36" drops on select surfaces and it looks like this scope took one of those hard direct hits.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My gun was standing upright and tipped out so the scope fell from about the bottom of my ribcage (6’1-2” is my height) directly into the windage turret, onto literal rocks.

Only real comparison I have personally is my cousins Vortex Viper, two seasons ago, had a similar fall out of a vehicle, landing on the windage turret onto rocks just like this drop.
It wasn’t on a 24” by 24” cardboard target at 80 yards. It had over 85 clicks of windage correction and over 60 clicks of elevation correction before we find tuned it back to zero.

For the Maven to be spot on elevation and only be off to left by 1.5” was honestly shocking. I guess we’ll see how long it continues to hold zero.

I would say, if ANY scope or gun falls almost 4 feet onto rocks, directly onto the scope turret. You had better check zero. Just my opinion though.

Last edited: