Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

Jimbee

WKR
Is that a 7prc case? Have you tried working the bolt faster or slower to see if it's more likely one way or the other? Perhaps you could shift the scope forward or rearward just enough to fix the problem.
Yes, it's a 7prc case. It seems to cause issues fast or slow. I did move the scope forward with no improvement.

BBob

WKR
Anyone having ejected brass hit the windage cap? My Maven is in Sportsmatch T084 and frequently brass bounces back into the chamber. 6/7prc. Removing the cap is the fix. I'm thinking about grinding the cap down, just haven't brought myself to do it yet.
You can change the ejection angle by modifying the back side lip of the extractor. You angle the top of the lip forward causing the case to eject at a lower angle. Same as done with M16 extractors on Rem 700's.

Last edited:

WKR

WKR
I've been emailing back and forth with MK machining about getting some scope caps made for the Rs1.2. They would like me to ship over a scope to them so they can design the caps.

Is there any interest besides myself for MK to manufacture caps?

If so ill probably send it over to them because I have other scopes I can use at the moment, and its going to be probably atleast another 2 months before that builds barrel gets chambered anyhow.

Not sure if there is already a good solution for caps? Or maybe its good to have another option?

Let me know with a like or reply on this post if you guys want me to send one in and get another scope cap option made by MKM

Jimbee

WKR
You can change the ejection angle by modifying the back side lip of the extractor. You angle the top of the lip forward causing the case to eject at a lower angle. Same as done with M16 extractors on Rem 700's.
Any illustration of this? I think I have a spare extractor I could play with. This seems like the best, no cost option before I get crazy with the belt sander.

slowelk

WKR
I've been emailing back and forth with MK machining about getting some scope caps made for the Rs1.2. They would like me to ship over a scope to them so they can design the caps.

If so ill probably send it over to them because I have other scopes I can use at the moment, and its going to be probably atleast another 2 months before that builds barrel gets chambered anyhow.

Not sure if there is already a good solution for caps? Or maybe its good to have another option?

Let me know with a like or reply on this post if you guys want me to send one in and get another scope cap option made by MKM

Tenebraex has sizes that fit the 1.2. @ChrisAU posted about it. I bought some, they work well.

Kurts86

WKR

I’d really like MK machine to make a throw level for the RS1.2. The one maven sells currently is too big and rather ugly. I really like MK machine throw levers on scopes without an integral one.

The Aadmount scope caps are very good and that is what maven sells.

ChrisAU

WKR
I’d really like MK machine to make a throw level for the RS1.2. The one maven sells currently is too big and rather ugly. I really like MK machine throw levers on scopes without an integral one.

The Aadmount scope caps are very good and that is what maven sells.

The Kestrel throw lever is the way to go IMO

IMG_8711.jpeg

BBob

WKR
Any illustration of this? I think I have a spare extractor I could play with. This seems like the best, no cost option before I get crazy with the belt sander.
Doubt you could do it properly with a belt sander IMO. I do it with a Foredom flex shaft grinder with a small diameter cutoff wheel but a std Dremel with same wheel would do. Keeping the hook angle the same (90°) grind a slight angle as indicated by the steel rule. Start with a small angle and test. Increase it as needed. This is an M16 but the Sako style would get the same.
IMG_4113.jpeg
IMG_4111.jpegIMG_4112.jpeg

Last edited: