Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
Shot a buck in the timber at 63 yards this weekend. The reticle looked really good at 4x. I can't say enough about how much I like this scope.
Follow up shot was maybe 30 yards. I turned my go pro on after the first shot and had it pointed enough at the deer on follow up shots to get this.
Screenshot_20240818_175406_Gallery.jpg

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if the 3.2 5-30 is mechanically the same? I don't see a lot of discussion on that particular optic. I realize the mag range isn't in the Rokslide agenda but it's still lighter than a Nightforce and has a better reticle.

sndmn11

WKR
Does anyone know if the 3.2 5-30 is mechanically the same? I don't see a lot of discussion on that particular optic. I realize the mag range isn't in the Rokslide agenda but it's still lighter than a Nightforce and has a better reticle.
The only way you will know is to buy one and test it. I used one for the cold bore challenge this year and will hunt with a different one if I can turn up a tag.

The only way you will know is to buy one and test it. I used one for the cold bore challenge this year and will hunt with a different one if I can turn up a tag.

So… you’re saying the one you used was no bueno?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think so. the 1.2 looks very similar to the Trijicon tenmiles which also passed the drop test with the parallax/ illumination dial and zero stop featues looking almost identical. It's almost like with the rs1.2 maven said to low build us a maven version of Trijicon tenmile. The other mavens inlcuding original rs1 don't share these same characteristics. 3.2 the parallax dial is way different

Last edited:

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah that's kinda what I figured as there isn't much talk about them. They always seek to be in stock and Maven claims they are redesigned from the originals. It's hard to bet that kind of money on something that MIGHT work. I'll probably pick of a Trijicon or NF.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU

It doesn’t hold zero like the 1.2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

slowelk

WKR
I don't understand why people are so dead-set on this scope. Sure, it holds zero and has the "best" ffp reticle currently available but the Trijicon Tenmile is totally functional with only a slightly inferior reticle, and it's available.

I don't understand why people are so dead-set on this scope. Sure, it holds zero and has the "best" ffp reticle currently available but the Trijicon Tenmile is totally functional with only a slightly inferior reticle, and it's available.
Only negative I see is it's $300 dollars more.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU

Is there an alternative to the “precision tree” reticle? To my eye that looks terrible, but I much prefer simple reticles.

atmat

WKR
Because the Tenmile is 25% more money (at current prices) and with a worse reticle.

I’d absolutely use one, but I prefer my RS1.2’s

slowelk

WKR
Is there an alternative to the “precision tree” reticle? To my eye that looks terrible, but I much prefer simple reticles.
Have you shot with a tenmile? I have quite a bit and I do not find the tree to be distracting. I find it helpful for zeroing with the 0.2 mil increments, but when dialing and shooting I hardly notice it.

Because the Tenmile is 25% more money (at current prices) and with a worse reticle.

I’d absolutely use one, but I prefer my RS1.2’s
Availability and durability would seem to win out vs cost based on past discussion on the topic. Prior to the $1200 Maven people were willing to spend $2k+ for NF and Minox scopes that had passed drop tests, so I don't see the $300 price difference as a barrier. I am not trying to be casual about people's budgets, it just didn't seem like a barrier in the past to get a drop-proof scope.

The reticle inferiority is overblown IMO. Does the tenmile look like a duplex at 3x? No, but it is still completely visible and certainly draws your eye to the center at minimum magnification.

Have you shot with a tenmile? I have quite a bit and I do not find the tree to be distracting. I find it helpful for zeroing with the 0.2 mil increments, but when dialing and shooting I hardly notice it.

Availability and durability would seem to win out vs cost based on past discussion on the topic. Prior to the $1200 Maven people were willing to spend $2k+ for NF and Minox scopes that had passed drop tests, so I don't see the $300 price difference as a barrier. I am not trying to be casual about people's budgets, it just didn't seem like a barrier in the past to get a drop-proof scope.

The reticle inferiority is overblown IMO. Does the tenmile look like a duplex at 3x? No, but it is still completely visible and certainly draws your eye to the center at minimum magnification.
Maybe my eyes suck but the tenmile reticle is not visible enough to me at low power in the field. The maven is significantly better in that regard. I have killed enough things up close, in timber, at last light etc to not be willing to compromise that aspect of a scope.