Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

WKR

WKR
Has anyone tried to use the Arc mbrace Xtra low rings instead of regular lows?

ChrisAU

WKR

I’m using them with a RS1.2 but on a spit rail type integral to the action. Give me a bit and I’ll go see if there appears to be enough clearance for a full rail.

Reactions: WKR

ChrisAU

WKR

I’m gonna say it’s a no go with a full rail. I held an Allen key with a flat on the bottom of the turret housing and an end flush with the rear piece of rail and it appears to be too short for a full rail.

IMG_8603.jpeg

WKR

WKR
I’m gonna say it’s a no go with a full rail. I held an Allen key with a flat on the bottom of the turret housing and an end flush with the rear piece of rail and it appears to be too short for a full rail.

View attachment 748547
How much clearance do you have on the objective and barrel?
My action is a split rail integral too so no worries there

ChrisAU

WKR
How much clearance do you have on the objective and barrel?
My action is a split rail integral too so no worries there

With a Proof sendero no problem, and that’s with Tenebraex caps too. I can’t imagine running into an issue. What action?

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I put this as a thread in the optics section but I think it will get more eyes here and it certainly relates to this scope…

Ok, I am sufficiently impressed and am ordering one of the Maven RS1.2 next time they are available. The plan for starters is to use it for all my Encore barrels. All have rails from the custom .45 smokeless to the factory .22-250

Theoretically if I buy top notch rings I should be able to move from barrel to barrel and dial in to any variance between them and quickly be close to where I need to be and then verify.

These are 99% hunting tools so I’m trying to stay away from massive steel rings.

So far it looks like Nightforce X-treme UL, Area 419 Match, and M-Brace are well made and light for what they are.

Do these high dollar rings give you the added precision and repeatability you would expect over the old cheap stuff like Weaver or Leupold QRW type rings?

Any better options?

If you have an opinion can you go here and answer then I will not derail this massive thread.

Best Pic Rings

Last edited:

CBB1

WKR
I put this as a thread in the optics section but I think it will get more eyes here and it certainly relates to this scope…

Ok, I am sufficiently impressed and am ordering one of the Maven RS1.2 next time they are available. The plan for starters is to use it for all my Encore barrels. All have rails from the custom .45 smokeless to the factory .22-250

Theoretically if I buy top notch rings I should be able to move from barrel to barrel and dial in to any variance between them and quickly be close to where I need to be and then verify.

These are 99% hunting tools so I’m trying to stay away from massive steel rings.

So far it looks like Nightforce X-treme UL, Area 419 Match, and M-Brace are well made and light for what they are.

Do these high dollar rings give you the added precision and repeatability you would expect over the old cheap stuff like Weaver or Leupold QRW type rings?

Any better options?

If you have an opinion can you go here and answer the I will not derail this massive thread.

Best Pic Rings

That’s a great question and I’m in the same boat. I have a killer SML that I’d like to put a Maven on but can’t justify it sitting there most of the year not getting shot. With a good set of pic rings I could ideal switch this scope between rifles. I’m also thinking and putting a Maven in a set up UM rings for my Tikkas and doing a little swapping around until they are readily available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR

Any better options?

If you have an opinion can you go here and answer the I will not derail this massive thread.

Best Pic Rings
Nightforce UL pic rings have been really good for me so far on 3 guns.

These guns all have SWFA scopes and I use 22-24" lbs with those rings for the ring cap screws, no issues at all yet. I would assume the RS1.2 would be fine with these torque values as well but @Formidilosus would know.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
There is nothing more valuable than knowing your rifle is dead nuts zero’d.

With that out of the way, if you’re willing to give up some percentage of that certainty there are a number of rings and unimounts which have developed a reputation for return to zero when installed on the correct pic section with consistent torque.

An incomplete list:
NF ultralight rings and mount
Geissele mount
Reptilia mount
Area 419 rings and mount
Certain older Larue QD mounts (from the OBR program, I forget the product)

For this application I might favor mounts over rings but it doesn’t really matter. I’d ensure identical pic rail specs across platforms - there’s a lot of variation in those. Finally, I’d commit to spending the money on a 10 round group before hunting to make sure the zero offset is consistent. Finally, I’d be extremely careful slipping turrets, and find a bomber way to track turret slips across rifles.

Oh, and I’d start the piggy bank up for a Blaser ;)

Best,
-J

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
There is nothing more valuable than knowing your rifle is dead nuts zero’d.

With that out of the way, if you’re willing to give up some percentage of that certainty there are a number of rings and unimounts which have developed a reputation for return to zero when installed on the correct pic section with consistent torque.

An incomplete list:
NF ultralight rings and mount
Geissele mount
Reptilia mount
Area 419 rings and mount
Certain older Larue QD mounts (from the OBR program, I forget the product)

For this application I might favor mounts over rings but it doesn’t really matter. I’d ensure identical pic rail specs across platforms - there’s a lot of variation in those. Finally, I’d commit to spending the money on a 10 round group before hunting to make sure the zero offset is consistent. Finally, I’d be extremely careful slipping turrets, and find a bomber way to track turret slips across rifles.

Oh, and I’d start the piggy bank up for a Blaser ;)

Best,
-J

Appreciate the info. I’m pretty content with my Blaser contingent:

IMG_0063.jpeg

I was switching out to all S&B’s from the last of the Leupolds. Figured the Encore would be a better test platform…