Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

Stocky

FNG
Ill take that off your hands if you do not like it 😆
That would be hard I'm in NZ. I just asked here to see if it's the norm as by the time it's landed in NZ they are not cheap. I can deal with it but if I paid for illumination it'd be nice if it was usable.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
That would be hard I'm in NZ. I just asked here to see if it's the norm as by the time it's landed in NZ they are not cheap. I can deal with it but if I paid for illumination it'd be nice if it was usable.

Have you looked at it outside in very low light, on the lowest setting where you actually need illumination?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
If you end up not liking the scope, I will buy it from you for what you paid for it. I'll be in New Zealand in October and could pick it up from our Christchurch office before or after I go hunt. PM me anytime.

Stocky

FNG
Have you looked at it outside in very low light, on the lowest setting where you actually need illumination?
I have can see it all on the lowest setting looking out at dusk. I'm not sending the scope back until I have another as if it doesn't the important aiming device functions properly then that comes first but I'd preferred to have brought it without illumination and saved some weight and money.

Post isn't to upset people or say it's a bad scope. It's to ask what's normal and to be expected before I talk to the local dealer that imports them as getting them here I'd a hassle and they aren't cheap (I guess they are for a working scope as we can't get SWFA).

Stocky

FNG
If you end up not liking the scope, I will buy it from you for what you paid for it. I'll be in New Zealand in October and could pick it up from our Christchurch office before or after I go hunt. PM me anytime.
Unlikely, if it dials,tracks, and passes a drop test I'll be holding on to it and trying for either a partial refund or until they have one ready to send me without the issue.

Are you hunting here?

Southern Lights

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe I've not run a NF but I've not seen it in leupolds, swaros, and a bunch of cheaper optics. Don't disagree that looks similar.
The SHV illumination flares out badly. Worst I've seen on a scope and not clean like the NXS models.

I have been looking at the Mavens and wouldn't be surprised if they use a similar illum method to the SHV from NF. They are hitting a particular price point so I suspect it is what it is.

The ideal reticle shouldn't need illumination. Hopefully the Maven is clear enough to see at low power that maybe it's not a hassle and not needed?

I'd be interested in your take on the 2-5X range and how it looks on busy/dark NZ bush without illum activated. Can you see it? Is it hair thin?

Juan_ID

WKR
Hell... I forgot my rs1.2 even had illumination and I've shot multiple times at the end of legal shooting light. That's how much it's actually needed. I'd like to be able to tear those bits out to save a little weight.
I said that early on too, no need for it on that scope. Shave a few ounces and do away with the illumination

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Hell... I forgot my rs1.2 even had illumination and I've shot multiple times at the end of legal shooting light. That's how much it's actually needed. I'd like to be able to tear those bits out to save a little weight.
I've killed piles of small rabbits, squirrels, and coyotes at WAY past legal big game hunting shooting light with these scopes. None of my QTY 3 RS1.2s have ever had the illumination reticle battery put in them.

I get it though, if somebody wants that feature, and they advertise it, it should work properly.

Southern Lights

Lil-Rokslider
If a reticle requires illumination to be seen, it's a bad reticle. I never use the feature and won't buy a scope that has a reticle that needs to have it turned on to use.

sndmn11

WKR
I said that early on too, no need for it on that scope. Shave a few ounces and do away with the illumination

I have a completely unfounded imaginary theory that the battery cap portion provides a bumper flex jolt absorption zone that helps in the zero retention testing...

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
Maven sent an email today and I was hoping it was a re-stock notification for the RS1.2 MIL, but no...instead it was introducing a different MOA reticle. Now they have three reticles, two of which are MOA.

Both MOA scopes are in stock in both colors. No MIL scopes are in stock. That's what you call a clue, Maven!

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is MORE MIL SCOPES!

SHR-MIL (MIL)
RS1_2_SHR-MIL_reticle.jpg

MOA-2 (MOA)
RS1_2_MOA-2_reticle.jpg

SHR-W (MOA)
RS1_2_SHR-W_MOA_reticle.jpg