Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

ChrisAU

WKR
Got mine today, I was scared I’d be underwhelmed…nope. Some of the best turrets I’ve felt, and I’ve felt a lot and consider myself a turret snob. Reticle is awesome. Overall build quality just feels fantastic. Really glad I decided on two so that my rifle I’ve been using for 99% of stuff the last 6 years can get one as well as my new build. Mocked up here, think while it’s too hot to shoot and work is crazy busy they’ll both get a trip to the paint booth. Oh and the yuge decal that Maven threw in the box looks nice on the workstation ha.

IMG_8022.jpeg

Has anyone tried a aftermarket throw lever stud? I do not want the bulky Maven ring.
The NightForce throw lever would be ideal, but I assume the threads are not the same. Seeing if anybody has tried it or others for a compact low profile throw lever.

ChrisAU

WKR
Has anyone tried a aftermarket throw lever stud? I do not want the bulky Maven ring.
The NightForce throw lever would be ideal, but I assume the threads are not the same. Seeing if anybody has tried it or others for a compact low profile throw lever.

I have a Polymer from Anarchy Outdoors (one they said should be close to fitting) and also a Switchview 1819-1870 DSFD on the way to try. One of the first things I did was break out a caliper and then hit the internet looking for options. I also found this:

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
Scope update.
Put about 700 rounds on one RS 1.2 and another 200 rounds on a different RS 1.2 last week. Every time I use these scopes I like them better.
I do really wish they had a more significant throw lever but that's a pretty small gripe considering everything else they do so well. I let @Ryan Avery borrow my rifle to shoot a few times. You can see the pure joy in his face. Lol

Screenshot_20240620_175401_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Scope update.
Put about 700 rounds on one RS 1.2 and another 200 rounds on a different RS 1.2 last week. Every time I use these scopes I like them better.
I do really wish they had a more significant throw lever but that's a pretty small gripe considering everything else they do so well. I let @Ryan Avery borrow my rifle to shoot a few times. You can see the pure joy in his face. Lol

View attachment 726732

I used to think I was the most un-photographic person but I was wrong.

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
I thought it might have been in this post but I didn’t find it. If anyone finds the adjustment on the parallax to be really tight, wrap the turret with a protective tape or something and then rotate it back and for with some adjustable pliers a few times. I did that on mine and it freed up substantially.

I’m really glad I grabbed three of these before the hype set it! After my first one passed my drop test I snatched up two more and told my shooting buddies to buy one.

I haven’t been able to shoot as much the past few months..but the scopes have all held zero and caused me no drama.

There is definitely a bit of HYPE in this thread..I’ll just say that my scopes work and the reticle is good.

mtnwrunner(Trandy)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Scope update.

View attachment 726732

Negative.........he was running to the honey bucket.

Randy

svivian

WKR
Scope update.

View attachment 726732
Thank you bookmarked this one... this will make great meme material later on im sure

Dobermann

WKR
There is definitely a bit of HYPE in this thread..I’ll just say that my scopes work and the reticle is good.
That's more a reflection on the scope world than anything ... the fact that we get excited about a scope that works and has a good hunting reticle says a lot.

We need the focus to be back on manufacturers to get this right, not on us when we get excited when one out of dozens finally does ...

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
That's more a reflection on the scope world than anything ... the fact that we get excited about a scope that works and has a good hunting reticle says a lot.

We need the focus to be back on manufacturers to get this right, not on us when we get excited when one out of dozens finally does ...
This is exactly how I feel about it. Nothing about this scope is "exceptional" or "revolutionary" other than the fact that it does everything it's supposed to do and has features that make sense for the application while holding zero. Sad reality is that nobody else builds this feature set in a reliable package. That's what I'm hyped about

Dobermann

WKR
This is exactly how I feel about it. Nothing about this scope is "exceptional" or "revolutionary" other than the fact that it does everything it's supposed to do and has features that make sense for the application while holding zero. Sad reality is that nobody else builds this feature set in a reliable package. That's what I'm hyped about
Dioni said it better than me, shoots better than me, and is better-looking.

Listen to this man! :)