Mathews phase4 29&33

Like said earlier, thinking back to just 8 years ago,the bows we have available to us today are quite amazing.

I ponied up for a v3x 33 recently but I’m pretty sure I could be shooting an 8+ year old elite energy or bowtech cpxl and struggle to find the performance improvements.

Marble

WKR
I ponied up for a v3x 33 recently but I’m pretty sure I could be shooting an 8+ year old elite energy or bowtech cpxl and struggle to find the performance improvements.
When I shoot my Axius a lot, meaning everyday, sometimes twice a day, I'll get sore in my elbows. It's DW is 70, but it has more let off and vibration. When I shoot my Invicta I have no soreness or anything. It's not really apples to apples, but the Invicta is vibration free. I think that shock can be cumulative on the joints.

For me, upgrading might worth it just to save my joints.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I’m glad I’m not a mathews guy, their accessories remind me of bishop arrows, so grossly over priced I don’t ever want to buy anything from them… they have an irrationally loyal fan base and it seems like they are taking advantage of them.

Certainly doesn’t effect me though, just a bow I don’t feel the need to shoot at the shop. I was pretty close to getting a v3x a couple months ago but went a different direction.

I certainly don’t need a 3000 dollar 10lb bow setup. Obviously lots of people do, they will sell like crazy.

They certainly have the best marketing in the industry

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider

“Not sure how you can make something more dead than this. This thing is really, really, really dead in the hand”.

$1000 dollar bow review from 2 years ago.
Make it make sense.

“Not sure how you can make something more dead than this. This thing is really, really, really dead in the hand”.

$1000 dollar bow review from 2 years ago.
Make it make sense.
Exactly. It’s all marketing mumbo jumbo. The last thing on anybodys mind after releasing an arrow at an animal is how dead the bow feels. And to the fanboy defending mathews you have to understand people wanted to have improvements that matter. Fix the bearings, fix the grip, make the bow more adjustable without having to spend a bunch of money on mods, etc. It seems the direction they are going is to nickel and dime theirs customers to death. That is why people are not happy. The phase 4 is a nice bow no doubt and time will tell how much the rubber will stand up. . We all no what happens to rubber over time when exposed to the elements

Legend

WKR
Help me out and tell me where I am wrong. The rubber between the limbs must be physically connected to each limb. I would assume this connection can only be made with some very fancy glue?? They must be very confident in this glue because if it fails often it could be a huge black eye for the company. Matthews is smart and they know what is at stake so I guess you could trust it not to fail....

OutdoorAg

WKR
Help me out and tell me where I am wrong. The rubber between the limbs must be physically connected to each limb. I would assume this connection can only be made with some very fancy glue?? They must be very confident in this glue because if it fails often it could be a huge black eye for the company. Matthews is smart and they know what is at stake so I guess you could trust it not to fail....
From the photos I've seen its not just glued. Its a layer. Sandwiched between the limbs.

Shot it yesterday. Although it is dead and impressively quiet, I couldn’t stomach the $1850 bare bow price tag. I’m comparing to a V3, and it was noticeably more impressive. The rubber is layered into the limbs. If I didn’t adhere to a budget, it probably would have come home with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnnualRye

Lil-Rokslider
Shot it yesterday. Although it is dead and impressively quiet, I couldn’t stomach the $1850 bare bow price tag. I’m comparing to a V3, and it was noticeably more impressive. The rubber is layered into the limbs. If I didn’t adhere to a budget, it probably would have come home with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
$1850 bare bow price?...🤔

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
I’m reading it could be a urethane material as well. Not sure, there’s too many questions especially the longevity of the material overtime. I know Mathews has a lifetime warranty but I highly doubt they will want to adopt a Vortex model where they’re constantly replacing limbs. I really hope this is just a “phase” for lack of a better term or I’m out on them which is unfortunate because I was looking to purchase their first carbon bow whenever that’s released.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Nothing that makes me regret buying the V3X a few months back. Don't use a stabilizer, not sure how bridgelock would improve one either. In my opinion, the SAS system was revolutionary enough to be worth an upgrade. As I was new to archery, I had to buy a sight anyway, so no downside to bridgelock. But, I don't foresee any improvements to necessitate a new bow before the V3X is at the end of its serviceable life.

I kind of feel sorry for people who have to spend all year trying to improve on a great bow.

TheTone

WKR
I wonder how much weight they could shave with the bridgelock stabilizer idea if they removed the other stabilizer bushing? I’m assuming they have a patent on it and thus we won’t see it adopted across the industry

I wonder how much weight they could shave with the bridgelock stabilizer idea if they removed the other stabilizer bushing? I’m assuming they have a patent on it and thus we won’t see it adopted across the industry

Those things weight like 1/2 ounce. The bushings are tiny. The set screw for the bridge lock stabilizer mount probably weights more.

Sizthediz

WKR
That's where I attach my sling. Not sure where else u can attach sling