Mathews phase 4 fletching contact issue

bbarranco

FNG
Hello,
I recently purchased a phase 4 and have started to notice some issues. the place I bought the bow from helped me set it up. We did not do any top hat or cam tuning and was able to get it paper tuned. I shot it for about two weeks with decent groups but then noticed it looked like my right fletching was contacting the cable guard. I checked center shot and it was .25" off nothing was loose so I assumed shop was lazy rather than tuning it properly just moved rest. went back to the shop, they moved it back to center shot and it was again paper tuned without any other adjustments. Seemed weird but I went with it. the center shot is now on but it still seems to be very close to having fletching contact on cable roller guard. the other thing that is weird is that when I resighted in my sight was obviously way left but now I am also hitting low. at 50 yds probably 8". that seems not correct cause I would assume the bow would get faster once contact was not happening with fletching. I am shooting black eagle rampages with AAE Max stealth vanes. they seem to stick up about 1/2". I am not archery expert and would appreciate any ideas or knowledge someone could share.
thanks,

Fletching contact can be an issue with some configurations, just rotate your nock to get fletching to clear.

Fletching contact isn't really going to slow down your arrow, poor arrow flight can.

Did you shoot it or a tech?

For me paper is just a rough starting point, doesn't mean it's exactly tuned. Likely will need further tuning, but if it's paper tuned properly it should be close and only require minor adjustments.

On my Phase 4, I have to rotate my arrows so rather than my fletching being at 0, 120 degrees, and 240 degreees, I'm more like 20, 140, and 160.

As far as the shooting low thing, have your cables stretched? Those factory strings are notorious for stretching, which lessens your peak draw weight. Check the ATA of your bow and see

OP
bbarranco

bbarranco

FNG
Fletching contact can be an issue with some configurations, just rotate your nock to get fletching to clear.

Fletching contact isn't really going to slow down your arrow, poor arrow flight can.

Did you shoot it or a tech?

For me paper is just a rough starting point, doesn't mean it's exactly tuned. Likely will need further tuning, but if it's paper tuned properly it should be close and only require minor adjustments.
I shot the bow. I am also noticing that it looks like may arrow is passing through the berger hole my maybe an 1/8" or 1/16. I measured from cam to cam to my nocking point and its not perfectly centered. about 1/8" or 3/16" off. does it need to be perfectly centered?

I shot the bow. I am also noticing that it looks like may arrow is passing through the berger hole my maybe an 1/8" or 1/16. I measured from cam to cam to my nocking point and its not perfectly centered. about 1/8" or 3/16" off. does it need to be perfectly centered?

I like my loop perfectly centered between the axles, using soft nocks inside my loop top and bottom I raise the nocking point slightly above center. That's not a requirement tho, your nocking point can be different, tho if it's not centered I'd want it closer to the top cam than the bottom. 1/8-3/16" off center towards the top cam I'd just leave it there. If it's below center I'd move it.

Generally the center of your arrow shaft is going to be passing thru the top 1/3 of your Berger Hole.