Mass exodus

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Yes, it’s happened/happening here. It sucks! Also, they generally bring their political views with them. The Inland NW is not the same as it used to be and the change/growth has not been for the better. It’s gotten so bad that we’re planning on relocating.

EastMT

WKR
seeing a big influx of California plates and moving trucks here in montana.
Anyone else seeing refugees flee the big cities they destroyed?

Sure hope they leave their liberal BS where they left their houses!

Yup, my sister in Flathead is selling houses to them all day long. Can’t blame them, we were hating on Californians starting in the late 80’s. That being said some of my lifelong best friends are Californian transplants to Montana. It has been more and more “progressive” all the time. They elected a literal communist as the teachers union leader, who I know from high school and she’s a native Montanan, so there’s that.

ODB

WKR
It's nauseating.... and pay attention to the journos reporting your local news... in Idaho, at the Statesman, it's almost all transplants. They literally post pictures of their first overnight trip as though it never existed until they did it. And speaking of the young journos...man, are they sensitive to push-back. They twitter amongst themselves all day and if you challenge anything they say you are branded a troll and their pals jump on... it's really pathetic...

DuckNDove

FNG
Its frustrating, as a California residence your stuck between fighting back in the belly of the beast or jumping ship. The ones causing the problems never seem to self reflect, years ago the bay area folks started running into the valley and small mountain towns in search of cheaper housing and then turn those areas into the same shit hole they left. I firmly believe liberalism is a disease and any place it takes hold will rot.

Lawnboi

WKR
People finding out they can work from home now. No reason to live in a big city if the job isn’t locking you there, might as well move out to their vacation homes. That’s exactly what’s happening here in northern wi.

Sadler

WKR
A few months back I was going to my brothers house in CDA a saw about ten trucks pulling uhaul from California. No exaggeration. Then my mother in law was looking to buy a house in Sandpoint last month and was told to act fast on bids because people from California are paying cash sight unseen. Insane!

People finding out they can work from home now. No reason to live in a big city if the job isn’t locking you there, might as well move out to their vacation homes. That’s exactly what’s happening here in northern wi.

Yep. My parents have been living/working at the cabin in northern MN all year.

Carpenterant

Lil-Rokslider
Been happening in Arizona for years. Saw recently California is losing more people then it’s gaining, mostly going to Texas, Arizona, Idaho and a few others I can’t remember. I’m convinced even the conservatives who leave are so indoctrinated with liberal ideas they don’t even know it. The government is not the solution to problems and contrary to the California ideology, someone doesn’t need to do something about that

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
We can’t help where we were born. The Libtards need to stay in Komifornia but us conservatives would prefer to bring our families and our productivity out of the crap storm. Sorry, not sorry but I’ll be up there in a few years god willing.
We are all immigrants one way or another. I transplanted to montana long time ago. Because I didn't like how it was where I was at. Noone here has issue with moving in. Just issue with those folks trying to turn this into the shithole they left.

So, by all means load your family and come on.

ODB

WKR
A few months back I was going to my brothers house in CDA a saw about ten trucks pulling uhaul from California. No exaggeration. Then my mother in law was looking to buy a house in Sandpoint last month and was told to act fast on bids because people from California are paying cash sight unseen. Insane!

Stanley is getting hammered too...

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
holy moly, this got way more disturbing then I thought it would. Yikes. Guess sooner or later everyone has to stand up and fight back

BFR

WKR
One can only hope so, unfortunately too many will drag that crap with them.
A phrase I’ve always hated is “that’s not how it was in (insert state here).”.

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
seeing a big influx of California plates and moving trucks here in montana.
Anyone else seeing refugees flee the big cities they destroyed?

They are fleeing hi crime & hi taxes. The problem is they will show up to you state & local election boxes and vote in the same policies that led to hi crime & hi-taxes from where they came from. ;)

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes, it’s happened/happening here. It sucks! Also, they generally bring their political views with them. The Inland NW is not the same as it used to be and the change/growth has not been for the better. It’s gotten so bad that we’re planning on relocating.

Just make sure I get first dibs on your house! Your place is awesome!

Really though, I would like to relocate Also but hard when all our family is here. Salmon Challis area is nice. And the biggest city nearby is more than 2 hrs away.

Status
Not open for further replies.