Masculinity and Caliber Choice

If you haven’t already, give “Clark’s Quiche” a try:

Clark's Quiche​

This recipe is excellent served for breakfast with fruit or at lunch or dinnertime with a salad. This recipe makes two 9 inch pies. The reason for this is because if you only make one you will hate yourself the next day when there are no leftovers. The quiche microwaves well the next day. In fact most people say that the flavors have blended better on the second day... If in the strange case that you are filled up with one pie, this is a great gift to give a friend or relative, or if you are stingy...it freezes well with tin foil.
Submitted by Clark Hamblen
Prep Time:

15 mins
Cook Time:

1 hr
Additional Time:

10 mins
Total Time:

1 hr 25 mins
Servings:

Yield:

2 (9 inch) pies

Ingredients​

• ½ pound thick sliced bacon
  • 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
  • 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 onion, finely diced
  • ½ pound fresh mushrooms, finely diced
  • 2 cups finely diced smoked ham
  • 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
  • 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 8 eggs
  • 1 ½ cups half-and-half cream
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions​

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside. Cook spinach according to package instructions. Allow to cool, then squeeze dry.

2. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until soft and translucent. Stir in mushrooms, and cook for 2 minutes, or until soft. Stir in ham and cooked bacon. Remove from heat.

3. In a large bowl, combine spinach, sour cream, salt and pepper. Divide, and spread into pie crusts. Layer with bacon mixture. Mix together Monterey Jack, Cheddar and Parmesan, and sprinkle over pies. Whisk together eggs, half-and-half and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, and pour over pies.

4. Place pies on baking sheet, and bake on middle shelf in preheated oven for 40 minutes. The top will be puffed and golden brown. Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.

You lost me at spinach.

Then you REALLY lost me at store bought pie crust.

What the hell is wrong with you?

P

PNWGATOR

WKR
Clark’s quiche is legit, promise!

Make your own crust. Keep the spinach 😬

This recipe will offer a foundation from which to build.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Clark’s is the answer from those that I’ve served, but this is good too for those opposed to green veggies in their food.IMG_3424.jpeg

Dobermann

WKR
Have Jake and Ryan host at UM world headquarters, call it the Full-Assed Quiche Academy (FAQ-U) and give away half priced cerakote to all participants and a Rokstock to the winner.
Bonus points if you can tell a rambling story about all sorts of things but never actually say anything because why not that's why and anyway you young whippersnappers don't know what's good for you.

My favorite part about people thinking you need a magnum - some of these same people have 3-9x40 without turrets, never shot past 300, and shoot soft point lead bullets. But their 300 fudderby wallet eater magnum has advantages over a modern rifle, with modern ballistics, and modern bullets and theres no way 6.5 creedmoor can kill anything.

texag10

WKR
Honestly I feel bad for you guys that didn’t have the opportunity to grow up around competent role models. Your question makes it clear nobody in your life cared enough to help or teach you much. It must be hard not being able to tell if someone has their head straight or not.
Well my daddy's peepaw's uncle always told him not to trust ass shooters. Everyone in the large metro area I grew up in knows it. Had a little saying around those parts, "Texag10, don't you go wastin no more of your time on them internet trolls, ya hear?"

Go shoot some shotgun hulls with a .375 dude. It's easy to tell when people are FOS.

WCB

WKR
I don't care what other people shoot...although I may chuckle a little at the guys in Northern MN shooting 338 wins or 300RUMs when everything they shoot is 50yds...because "brush gun" ya know.

When it bothers me is when they have a new hunter or kid shooting those calibers because they don't know what they are actually talking about and think it is "needed" to kill deer. Then they tell those new shooters or kids anything less isn't good enough. I saw it a bunch in slug zones with 12 year olds shooting single shot or pump 12 gauges.

KenLee

WKR
I don't care what other people shoot...although I may chuckle a little at the guys in Northern MN shooting 338 wins or 300RUMs when everything they shoot is 50yds...because "brush gun" ya know.

When it bothers me is when they have a new hunter or kid shooting those calibers because they don't know what they are actually talking about and think it is "needed" to kill deer. Then they tell those new shooters or kids anything less isn't good enough. I saw it a bunch in slug zones with 12 year olds shooting single shot or pump 12 gauges.
Waiting til someone is 12 yr old to hand them a 12 ga slug gun would have been merciful when I was growing up. Game management land was slug only. Kids I knew including myself got handed an old single shot 12 ga to deer hunt somewhere around age 5 to 8.
No rifling. If an adult could hit a pie plate at 50 yards, it was a "shooter". Kids would do good to hit the deer at 50 yards.
Daddy had us kids using "Baker style" one piece climbers by age 6.

Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
Yeah but if they do it generation after generation, then it is good and common sense and need not be questioned. (Tongue firmly planted in cheek.)

TaperPin

WKR
Given you think I hate large calibers: What cartridge have I killed the majority of my animals with?
Even if you said you had killed 100 elk with a 300 RUM, then switched to a 223 and shot another 100 elk and they died even quicker, it would be interesting, but doesn’t change my judgement on cartridge choice.

From the git go I said people should shoot whatever they want - from everything I’ve seen, read, heard and experienced I’ve formed my opinions, which make you guys flip out. If what you shoot works, good for you, but what I shoot also works, and has worked reliably for quite a while. I don’t see my choice as needing to be fixed with something different, it’s not broken, and yet for some reason that seems illogical to you. Lol

ElPollo

WKR
Even if you said you had killed 100 elk with a 300 RUM, then switched to a 223 and shot another 100 elk and they died even quicker, it would be interesting, but doesn’t change my judgement on cartridge choice.

From the git go I said people should shoot whatever they want - from everything I’ve seen, read, heard and experienced I’ve formed my opinions, which make you guys flip out. If what you shoot works, good for you, but what I shoot also works, and has worked reliably for quite a while. I don’t see my choice as needing to be fixed with something different, it’s not broken, and yet for some reason that seems illogical to you. Lol
Your choices are your own. Use whatever gun you want. People are responding to your posts to clarify that the information you are presenting as common knowledge does not survive actual testing. You are largely responding to that with gaslighting.