March vs Zeiss

Need some feedback from people that have used these scopes. I’m considering March FX 4.5-28 x 52 and Zeiss S3 4-25 x 50. Can I get some pros and cons and insight into glass comparison and field of view. I also like the March compact 4-25x 52 in sfp bc I’ll primarily be using for hunting.

I'd like to hear the same. I recently hunted with a long-time Delta Force guy who puts March scopes on his > $10K precision hunting rifles. He showed up dialed in at > 1000 yd. Says they're the best.

Marshfly

WKR
March seems like overpriced junk.

Most Zeiss scopes seem to act like this one also.

OneH

FNG
Recently bought the 4.5-28x52 March FX on sale from Europtic for under $2500.

It's okay pretty good really massively wide FOV very sharp images quality however I much prefer and rather deal with the weight of my Vortex Razor G3 6-36x56 instead my eyes like the Vortex better and the Element Theos as well.

If considering the Zeiss LRPS3, the Tract Toric version of that same scope is way cheaper and at least includes a sunshade and have an optional thread in image optimizer that actually works cuts the CA and sharpens image quality and with improved depth of field.

A 3-24x52 March is the most disappointing scope purchase I’ve made. $1000 bushnell LRHS I replaced it with is a better functional optic.

OneH

FNG
A 3-24x52 March is the most disappointing scope purchase I’ve made. $1000 bushnell LRHS I replaced it with is a better functional optic.
I too am still bummed with the 3-24x52 and 3-24x42 March F's I bought and felt that my Razor G3s were hands down far superior short of their porky weight then bought the several of the much lighter weight Element Theos which are almost as clear as the G3s.

That March 1.5-15x review saved me from making a very costly mistake. DarkLordofOptics rates them very highly for their glass, but the field testing and drop testing here tends to kill a lot of sacred cows.

That March 1.5-15x review saved me from making a very costly mistake. DarkLordofOptics rates them very highly for their glass, but the field testing and drop testing here tends to kill a lot of sacred cows.

Yeah, Koshkin is partly to blame for me thinking a $3k march was going to be my "no compromise, ultimate hunting scope" but the damn thing was nothing but a giant compromise of the important functional basics to cram that 8x erector and nice turrets into that nice light package.

Yeah, Koshkin is partly to blame for me thinking a $3k march was going to be my "no compromise, ultimate hunting scope" but the damn thing was nothing but a giant compromise of the important functional basics to cram that 8x erector and nice turrets into that nice light package.

Ouch. I was literally a couple of weeks from pulling the trigger on it. Koshkin's reviews vs Form's experience with the Marches really put the Tangent Thetas into question for me too.

His review of the Brownells MPO also resulted in a very disappointing experience for me.

SDHNTR

WKR
I couldn’t agree with this more. March are simply not hunting scopes. Koshkin lost a lot of credibility with me on that one. And I lost a lot of money. A nearly unusable scope, that I had to send back to Japan twice, at great expense. They belong on the bench. Not in the field.