Lower back disc pain

TheGDog

WKR
Over a decade of 3 steroid injections a year, and two doctors suggesting surgery.

I found BMAC and amniotic graft mix. Fixed

Only down side was my back use to have a definitive weight max, now that’s lines gone. So I’m not as particular watching my weight as I use to be

What does this line mean please? : "I found BMAC and amniotic graft mix. Fixed"

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
What are some of these core exercises you guys are doing?

I have a sharp sore to the touch pain between my shoulder blades. It comes and goes. I blame sitting at a desk all day as the culprit. I try to be conscious of having good posture. Lately, I've been having tingling in both hands and feet. Getting an MRI to get that figured out.

I do mountain climbers at work when I’ve been in front of the screen too long. 2-3 minutes a few times during the day. Really helps the core and get the blood flowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does this line mean please? : "I found BMAC and amniotic graft mix. Fixed"
I had stem cell pulled from my hip bone, then mixed with an amniotic graft(exosomes) and injected into my degenerative disc, twice over 8 months. I haven’t had another issue. I spent a decade fighting that disc with core conditioning and steroid injections, and nothing has compared to relief I got from those two injections.

Hope this helps

TheGDog

WKR
I had stem cell pulled from my hip bone, then mixed with an amniotic graft(exosomes) and injected into my degenerative disc, twice over 8 months. I haven’t had another issue. I spent a decade fighting that disc with core conditioning and steroid injections, and nothing has compared to relief I got from those two injections.

Hope this helps
Eesh... I have to imagine the getting the stem cells from your hip bone had to hurt like a B! (Even with a local.) Although I imagine that don't really have to take out too much fluid I suppose. Do you recall how much material they drew from you to get enough for what they needed?

Eesh... I have to imagine the getting the stem cells from your hip bone had to hurt like a B! (Even with a local.) Although I imagine that don't really have to take out too much fluid I suppose. Do you recall how much material they drew from you to get enough for what they needed?
They put you under. Honestly I didn’t even know they had pulled them, the cut is a small x maybe two stitches.

I don’t know how much they pull. I remember waking up as they where spinning it in a machine, moved me to another bed with the live X-ray machine and then put me back to sleep to don injections. I was a little stiff when I woke up from pressure of the extra fluid. I measured progress over next 12-13 weeks. I’d say by week 2 my mobility was 100x normal, by week 12 I had no re-emergence or lingering pain like I had pre-injection. I did second series at 8 months just for good measure.

I had a buddy just tear part of his hamstring. He leaves for sheep hunt end of the month. He had the tear area shot up with Stem and amniotic. Four days post pop he was on bike. Basically he can’t believe it’s not standard protocol specifically for muscle and ligaments at college and nfl athletic level, but talking with another buddy that’s still in nfl it’s becoming more popular.

Last edited:

Stikbrandon

Lil-Rokslider
They put you under. Honestly I didn’t even know they had pulled them, the cut is a small x maybe two stitches.

I don’t know how much they pull. I remember waking up as they where spinning it in a machine, moved me to another bed with the live X-ray machine and then put me back to sleep to don injections. I was a little stiff when I woke up from pressure of the extra fluid. I measured progress over next 12-13 weeks. I’d say by week 2 my mobility was 100x normal, by week 12 I had no re-emergence or lingering pain like I had pre-injection. I did second series at 8 months just for good measure.

I had a buddy just tear part of his hamstring. He leaves for sheep hunt end of the month. He had the tear area shot up with Stem and amniotic. Basically he can’t believe it’s not standard protocol specifically for muscle and ligaments at college and nfl athletic level, but talking with another buddy that’s still in nfl it’s becoming more popular.

I’m not trying to probe but did your insurance cover this or did you have to come out of pocket, also if you did pay for it what did it cost?

Thanks for the info bud

I’m not trying to probe but did your insurance cover this or did you have to come out of pocket, also if you did pay for it what did it cost?

Thanks for the info bud
No on insurance and total was I think 6k for both procedures.

There are some insurances that pay for it though.

TheGDog

WKR
No on insurance and total was I think 6k for both procedures.

There are some insurances that pay for it though.
Thanks man for sharing the about the costs involved. I just got off phone with scheduling the next two visits to get me another steroid injection.

Dancing hardcore like I do when the concerts in the park roll around again... then Mama had a Wine Festival thing she attends yearly in Santa Barbara. Pretty cool deal, if you sign up to volunteer, you help the ferry vendors warez to their booths, and help distribute ice before the thing begins, and that earns you a free General Admission to the event. There were one or two loading that I know I should have maybe not tried, and then, dancing with their live band took it over the edge. That coupled with the alcohol of the wine tastings and it's effect on inflammation of my injury, and I have been pretty jacked up since after that festival.

When I go see the doc for this next visit, I'm gonna see if she does stem cell, or can direct me to somebody who can. Also a family friend who is our dentist, I noted last time visiting his offices over by Nohl Ranch Rd off the 55 that nextdoor to him had a sign advertising stem-cell therapies. So may just have to get my teeth cleaned sooner rather than later and make a two-fer out of the visit and go see what's up with that provider.

Meanwhile I gotta sparingly burn thru the dang Tylenol #3's til I see the pain mgmt doc. And HOPE she doesn't give me isht when I bug her to refill it with more than likely something a little stronger for backcountry this time.

Thanks man for sharing the about the costs involved. I just got off phone with scheduling the next two visits to get me another steroid injection.

Dancing hardcore like I do when the concerts in the park roll around again... then Mama had a Wine Festival thing she attends yearly in Santa Barbara. Pretty cool deal, if you sign up to volunteer, you help the ferry vendors warez to their booths, and help distribute ice before the thing begins, and that earns you a free General Admission to the event. There were one or two loading that I know I should have maybe not tried, and then, dancing with their live band took it over the edge. That coupled with the alcohol of the wine tastings and it's effect on inflammation of my injury, and I have been pretty jacked up since after that festival.

When I go see the doc for this next visit, I'm gonna see if she does stem cell, or can direct me to somebody who can. Also a family friend who is our dentist, I noted last time visiting his offices over by Nohl Ranch Rd off the 55 that nextdoor to him had a sign advertising stem-cell therapies. So may just have to get my teeth cleaned sooner rather than later and make a two-fer out of the visit and go see what's up with that provider.

Meanwhile I gotta sparingly burn thru the dang Tylenol #3's til I see the pain mgmt doc. And HOPE she doesn't give me isht when I bug her to refill it with more than likely something a little stronger for backcountry this time.
Not all stem cells are created equal. If they push fat or blood find another doctor. BMAC (BONE MARROW ASPIRATE CONCENTRATE) is best you can get in the US.

Button

WKR
disc is bulging again. Severe pain, weakness, immobility in the leg. Another round of steroids in hopes reducing it. But ultimately I’ll probably need an injection or shot again.

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
For those that stretching is the fix. This is a great set of exercises.

The thing that ended up helping me the most was an infrared sauna. Years of PT, Chiro, inversion table, stretches, etc…the sauna ended up being the ticket for me. Major reduction in my inflammation in my bulged discs. And it has lots of other great benefits, too.

You have leg pain ?
Yeah, shooting down the right leg. After getting checked out. The muscle group on the right side of my spine was several aggravated, swollen, and about as hard as a rock. She thought that is putting pressure on a disc or nerve and causing the issue. Luckily stretching, steroid shot, and muscle relaxants have helped a lot.

tbybee

FNG
About 2 times a year I get disc pain in my lower back that makes enjoying life pretty tough. This last time was the result of throwing my pack on my back with only about 35 lbs. Not sure what happened but it immediately started hurting and the next day I couldnt bend over to tie my boots. With time, it gets better but never seems to go away completely. It seems like whenever I hurt my back it takes less and less to throw it out. Im 31 years old, work out 3-4 times a week and am not at all overweight. I have struggled with back pain my whole life. Anyone on here have similar issues or have suggestions on how to prevent this type of injury?
Man I have the exact same issue. Only thing I find that helps me is stretching. Once I get it stretched out I’m decent for the day

Stikbrandon

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, shooting down the right leg. After getting checked out. The muscle group on the right side of my spine was several aggravated, swollen, and about as hard as a rock. She thought that is putting pressure on a disc or nerve and causing the issue. Luckily stretching, steroid shot, and muscle relaxants have helped a lot.
How is your back doing now ?? You still feel good?

I've had my fair share of back pain too, for over 10 years now. It all started with a minor injury during a soccer game when I was younger, and since then, my back just hasn't been the same. Like you, even a small thing could throw my back out, leaving me in pain for days or weeks.

After trying a lot of different things, I found that physiotherapy really made a difference for me. I stumbled upon https://www.harbourviewtherapy.com/ online and decided to give it a try. I started seeing Mark Malabuyoc there, who's not just a great physiotherapist but also a co-owner of the clinic. After a few sessions, I noticed a significant improvement. Mark worked with me on strengthening exercises and showed me how to move correctly to avoid further injuries. Now I have 2 years since I finished the treatment and I had no more back pain.

Last edited:

Wrogers18

FNG
I've had my share of lower back disc pain too, especially after seemingly minor actions like lifting something the wrong way. It can be incredibly frustrating, especially when it starts to impact daily activities. After one particularly bad flare-up, I decided to seek help at a physio clinic, where I met Humna Aziz. She's been fantastic in not only treating the immediate pain but also in providing guidance on how to prevent future injuries. Some of the tips she gave me included focusing on core strengthening exercises, learning proper lifting techniques, and incorporating more flexibility work into my routine. These tips have really helped in managing my back issues and reducing the frequency and severity of the pain.

Last edited:

Bama67

FNG
I'm weird, the only thing that kills my back is sleeping.
I can work and stand all day, work out, etc and it's fine.
But I wake up every morning and have pain the first couple hours. Tried several mattresses to no avail.