Lost Rifle: Heppner, Oregon

I'm posting this on behalf of my hunting buddy. We were elk hunting during rifle season and I had a packout I needed his help with. When my buddy came to help me he left his rifle at the gate of 2107 road, just off of Road 21, East of the Tupper work camp on the morning of 11/3. When he noticed he forgot it, we went back to the gate and it was gone, and no one was parked there.

His rifle was a Tikka stainless Superlite 7mm Rem Mag with a Bushnell LRHSi 4.5-18, in a factory camo stock.

Any information about this rifle would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping that someone picked the rifle up because they saw it sitting there at the road head and that they want to return it.

Thank you!

DRP

Lil-Rokslider
I know a few people who have been up there since 1st season (still are), I sent your post to them to see if they have heard anything. That’s a very high traffic corner were the gun was left. If you’re buddy hasn’t already done it make sure he contacts the morrow county sheriff.

OP
U
I know a few people who have been up there since 1st season (still are), I sent your post to them to see if they have heard anything. That’s a very high traffic corner were the gun was left. If you’re buddy hasn’t already done it make sure he contacts the morrow county sheriff.
Thanks brother, I don't know if it would have been visible from the road but it was definitely in a bad place. He's reported it with the sheriff and it's in the national database now. If it shows up on anything official it will be flagged in the national system.

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
I did that with a shotgun a few years ago. I reported it to the sheriff and then when back and posted a few laminated signs in the area stating there was a reward and the gun had been reported stolen to police.

I got a call the next weekend from the guy that found it. He even fixed a broken sling swivel for me :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DaleW

WKR
I'd post on ifish and also if you have a Facebook post it the Oregon big game hunters group. Hopefully the person will try to get it back to your buddy and wasn't actually stealing it.