Looking to buy my first bolt action rifle

What’s the best bang for your buck for factory rifles under 3000usd (have not idea on the processs of a custom build so haven’t looked at that route) would be primarily for hunting open plains /rolling hills in Saskatchewan on anything from moose to pronghorn thinking of a 7mm prc ideally but open to options seems like every major hun from Begara to fierce has a thread about how bad they are so kinda getting lost

OP
J
Would also like to be able to do some pretty causal long range shooting for practice so what somethings that relatively accurate

don't spend that much money on one rifle.

you could get a Ruger American Gen II in 30-06 for around $500ish

And a great scope for around $300

And have about two thousand left over for other stuff.

OP
J
This is rokslide. The answer is a tikka with an aftermarket stock.
What are options for aftermarket stocks and how easy is it to swap just started to seriously get into shooting and have used gas guns exclusively as well as do tikkas come in 7mm prc

Petergon

FNG
What’s the best bang for your buck for factory rifles under 3000usd (have not idea on the processs of a custom build so haven’t looked at that route) would be primarily for hunting open plains /rolling hills in Saskatchewan on anything from moose to pronghorn thinking of a 7mm prc ideally but open to options seems like every major hun from Begara to fierce has a thread about how bad they are so kinda getting lost
Tikka! Love them

z987k

WKR
What are options for aftermarket stocks and how easy is it to swap just started to seriously get into shooting and have used gas guns exclusively as well as do tikkas come in 7mm prc
Countless options. Some are just swap it in(2 action screws) and some need bedded.

OP
J
don't spend that much money on one rifle.

you could get a Ruger American Gen II in 30-06 for around $500ish

And a great scope for around $300

And have about two thousand left over for other stuff.
Money isn’t a huge concern if I can find something that looks nice and shoots nicer for cheaper That would be awesome however I do want something that is higher quality just a preference thing I guess

fwafwow

WKR
I have two beautiful and accurate Coopers - 30-06 and 25-06. Cut and threaded for cans. But they gather dust as I shoot a Tikka 223 and Sako 6.5cm. Fwiw.