Looking to buy my first bolt action rifle

ruger35

FNG
If that doesn’t include the scope price you could come pretty close to putting together a custom yourself. My advice being this is your first bolt action, buy something that has prefits available. I’m a dedicated Straight Jacket Armory customer, check with them on prefits they may have on shelf and running a sale on. Sometimes they run decent sales on guns they have in-stock and ready to go too.

Does that budget include the scope? If so, what scope do you have in mind? And if not, what is the scope budget?

TaperPin

WKR
You can invest $3k in a rifle with all the cool stuff that shoots like crap, or use the basic/plain action of your choice, have a top barrel installed by a gunsmith ($1k) and shoot little groups. Either way is ok.

I think of any rifle as just a box of parts to be changed and swapped out to fit your interests. More parts are made to fit a Remington 700 pattern than any other, but Tikka, Savage, Ruger, Christensen, Mosberg, Winchester, Browning, Weatherby, or any major brand with a top quality $1k barrel will shoot well under MOA.

Reactions: mtg