Looking for some caliber advice for elk

With the backing of Hornady, the PRC’s are not going to fade away. They are well designed cases that accommodate the current trend in projectiles. I hunt Montana with a 7PRC. More factory ammo is reportedly becoming available before next year‘s season. Now do you need a 7PRC with already owing a 7RM, not really but you may want one. I feel that the 7PRC has an edge but not by a huge margin.

OP
C

cpalm9

Lil-Rokslider
With the backing of Hornady, the PRC’s are not going to fade away. They are well designed cases that accommodate the current trend in projectiles. I hunt Montana with a 7PRC. More factory ammo is reportedly becoming available before next year‘s season. Now do you need a 7PRC with already owing a 7RM, not really but you may want one. I feel that the 7PRC has an edge but not by a huge margin.
Appreciate the response. I was checking the local Bob Ward's pretty routinely for 7PRC. It was pretty hit or miss and usually only the Hornady Match ammo. That said, I'm mostly settled on a .308. I've handled a few short barrel rifles at stores in MT and UT and narrowed down what I want. I think having a lightweight 308 for backcountry hunts and my current heavier 7RM for shorter days is a decent "quiver".

In a few years, I'm sure I will attempt to convince my wife that I need a 7PRC

WRO

WKR
Appreciate the response. I was checking the local Bob Ward's pretty routinely for 7PRC. It was pretty hit or miss and usually only the Hornady Match ammo. That said, I'm mostly settled on a .308. I've handled a few short barrel rifles at stores in MT and UT and narrowed down what I want. I think having a lightweight 308 for backcountry hunts and my current heavier 7RM for shorter days is a decent "quiver".

In a few years, I'm sure I will attempt to convince my wife that I need a 7PRC

The match ammo is good stuff, very lethal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk