Looking for opinions on 15x56 binos

+1 for the same issue as the OP.

I *thought I had* narrowed it down to the Swaro SLC, Zeiss Conquest and the Meopta, and while I'm routinely a "pay once, cry once" person, I found a great deal on the Kaibab that has me second-guessing - especially with some of the favorable reviews here. I also looked at the Leica, but I don't need the RF in the binos. The Meoptas don't seem to be carried by as many sellers, or have as much of an online discount - as far as I can tell.

Doug - will try you tomorrow. Which of these do you carry?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

While Swaro is the gold standard I had the chance to look through some 15x Vortex Vulture HD's this weekend. They are very nice and won't break the bank.

Another vote for swarovskis, I bought a used pair of the HDs off of this site for $1800. You gotta be quick though they go real fast, I got lucky. If you decide new Meoptas talk with Doug at cameralandny.com I almost bought those.. If you go used Keep an eye on here, have seen them go for as little as 1k...By the way I have zero buyers remorse with the swarovskis they are AWESOME!!! Good Luck !!

I looked through both the swaro and meopta before buying the meopta 15s. They are close enough that the difference in cost wasn't worth it for me. I also got a killer deal on the meoptas. I will say that unless your vision is absolutely perfect, you won't notice a difference.

I’m very tempted to get the Meoptas. The glass on the Meopta scopes I’ve had has been excellent. I have a pair smaller Swaro binos, and have used 10x ELs, and the thing I’ve noticed about them is that what ever coatings they use cause animals to pop on the landscape. I might just be crazy, but I feel animals just stand out with the Swaros. I don’t know if the 15x Meoptas will work the same for me. Interested in hearing from anyone who has spotted game with both in a side by side comparison.

Has anyone used the doubler on the meoptas? Are they worth it or do you need a spotter too? I'm thinking about switching from a spotter to 15x's. I don't get to hunt enough out west anymore to be super picky about animals.

I am looking to buy some 15x56's as well. I am looking at either Meopta or Sig Sauer. It comes down to how they fit your face, but I probably won't be able to try either before buying.
I would buy the Maven's, but I don't want the extra 5 oz. Doesn't seem like much, but why not get the lighter ones, right? The eye pieces are bulky on the Maven's but they actually pinched my nose just enough that they sat very solidly on my face. I could see how they might not work for others though.

Take a look at the Cannon image stabilizer binos as well. Ive used the 18x50s for over 15yrs and they are a great system. You can save yourself the weight of a tripod

I’m really interested to hear more about the 18x Maven binos... they might cause me to make a change if the reviews are positive....

You can’t cheat the mountain

Anyone try Maven 15s? For what $1350ish tyd to get a demo model seems like a deal but we're do they fall compared to Zeiss, Swarovski, meopta.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back