Looking for my next rifle caliber

KenLee

WKR
They're as crap as the tikka stock. A tikka + cut & thread is a lot cheaper than a x-bolt SR. A SS tikka is a lot more weatherproof than the 4140 cerekote xbolt. You can't cerekote the inside of a barrel.
I do actually like the x bolt SR and whish more rifle manufacturers would release something exactly like that. My hang up was really limited stock options and I will not own a rifle that I intend to hunt with that isn't stainless.
You must be really picky on stocks.
Browning sells plenty of stainless rifles. Heck I prefer blued and probably have over a dozen stainless Brownings.
I bought an 18 inch 308 x-bolt SR recently for $600ish in hand. Wasn't stainless though. I'll send em a memo on stainless v cerakote.

z987k

WKR
You must be really picky on stocks.
Browning sells plenty of stainless rifles. Heck I prefer blued and probably have over a dozen stainless Brownings.
I bought an 18 inch 308 x-bolt SR recently for $600ish in hand. Wasn't stainless though. I'll send em a memo on stainless v cerakote.
Most tupperware stocks are crap.
Any stock that doesn't give you a good cheek weld for a scope(on a rifle that will be scoped) just shouldn't exist.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Curious why all the mention of WSM and not the WM. More factory options for bullets typically especially when traveling internationally. Mine is cut and has brake (live in ca) with a limbsaver and its recoil is very manageable.
The WSM and WM use the same bullets for their given calibers.

-J