Looking for my next rifle caliber

KenLee

WKR
They're as crap as the tikka stock. A tikka + cut & thread is a lot cheaper than a x-bolt SR. A SS tikka is a lot more weatherproof than the 4140 cerekote xbolt. You can't cerekote the inside of a barrel.
I do actually like the x bolt SR and whish more rifle manufacturers would release something exactly like that. My hang up was really limited stock options and I will not own a rifle that I intend to hunt with that isn't stainless.
You must be really picky on stocks.
Browning sells plenty of stainless rifles. Heck I prefer blued and probably have over a dozen stainless Brownings.
I bought an 18 inch 308 x-bolt SR recently for $600ish in hand. Wasn't stainless though. I'll send em a memo on stainless v cerakote.

z987k

WKR
You must be really picky on stocks.
Browning sells plenty of stainless rifles. Heck I prefer blued and probably have over a dozen stainless Brownings.
I bought an 18 inch 308 x-bolt SR recently for $600ish in hand. Wasn't stainless though. I'll send em a memo on stainless v cerakote.
Most tupperware stocks are crap.
Any stock that doesn't give you a good cheek weld for a scope(on a rifle that will be scoped) just shouldn't exist.