Look for a job in a few of the Rocky Mountain States

CorbLand

WKR
Your advice is for him to lie in order to be a better fit?
It was a joke and a shortened version of what Predatorslayer posted.

I have seen a lot of people that claim they will "fit in" that really don't. I am not saying that he wont and that he cant move to those places. I hope he does and loves it. It doesn't change that there is a lot of resentment in the mountain states for anyone from the west coast states right now.

Its like when people ask about moving to Utah. The first thing that people say is "Mormons." Is it over played? Yes. Is it something you should be aware of and take into account before moving there? Yes.

Last edited:
Just a warning, You will not be welcomed with open arms moving to any of those places from California.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
As a CA expat, I respectfully disagree. Most people I have encountered have judged me by the content of my character, not the state I moved from. I have had no issue finding community in my new state. The people from CA that have a hard time, are the people that are trying to bring CA culture with them.

Lee_R

Lil-Rokslider
As a CA expat, I respectfully disagree. Most people I have encountered have judged me by the content of my character, not the state I moved from. I have had no issue finding community in my new state. The people from CA that have a hard time, are the people that are trying to bring CA culture with them.
Aa a Montana resident who was driving a CA rental car last week, I'll respectfully disagree with you. I stopped at a small bar parking lot in the middle of rural NW Montana last week to get a water out of the trunk and was immediately confronted by 3 jackasses for being from CA. Mind you I look nothing like a Californian, had a knife on my hip and was wearing a pro hunting t shirt, that and I knew the area might've been the only thing that kept me from getting my butt kicked. I mentioned it at the rental car counter when I returned the car and the employee said he'd heard it alot and that some people won't take a car with CA tags.

grfox92

WKR
Yes. I clarified that in a post further down in this thread.

That doest change the fact that when people find out he's from California they wont like him or trust him until he proves himself. Wether they outwardly let him know that or not is a completely different story.

I hear Wyoming natives cursing Californians almost on a daily basis. The OP might not be, but alot of them are bringing their political opinions, which don't fit in, with them. And with midterm elections coming, you can tell who just moved here based on the sign in their front yard.

manitou1

WKR
I would suggest not moving to Idaho, it is not the place it was even 5 years ago, too many people moving into this state, cost of living in relation to the wage you will earn is now the worst in the nation. I try almost weekly to convince my wife we need to move to Wyoming, but she likes being around people and I don’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WY is getting inundated too. The quaint Western towns as we knew them are diappearing... quickly.

OP
SoCalHunter

SoCalHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. I clarified that in a post further down in this thread.

That doest change the fact that when people find out he's from California they wont like him or trust him until he proves himself. Wether they outwardly let him know that or not is a completely different story.

I hear Wyoming natives cursing Californians almost on a daily basis. The OP might not be, but alot of them are bringing their political opinions, which don't fit in, with them. And with midterm elections coming, you can tell who just moved here based on the sign in their front yard.

I don't care of people like me or trust me. That's their call. I want to leave California because I don't fit in HERE and when I thought I did, I realized I was just bullshitting myself.

If you really want to move you will have to make choices and maybe some sacrifices. I moved "out west" and I gave up a career in accounting to do it. I was just getting started in the field but I wanted to move and the opportunities to stay in that field were poor where I was going. In the end it all worked out. Now I am looking at my next move and may just have to start all over again in a new field to do it. I just may get a CDL for that move as drivers are in short supply. Once settled you can always start hunting for that better job.

Railroad has job openings in all those spots.
Train crew pays but no time off.
Track maintenance is pretty good for hunting.
If your good at math signal is the way to go.

Do not discount the warnings though as grumpy natives. I had a co worker move to the Boise area around 08. He got the bird multiple times a day and at least one serious road rage or threat per week.
Idk that I would lie but id sure keep it to myself and change plates asap.

grfox92

WKR
I don't care of people like me or trust me. That's their call. I want to leave California because I don't fit in HERE and when I thought I did, I realized I was just bullshitting myself.
I'm not trying to discouraged you. You should leave California. I'm just letting you know a hard truth. I'm sure you'll be fine it worked out great for me.

Broomd

WKR
I am seeking job opportunities in Wyoming, Northern Nevada, Utah, Montana or especially in Idaho. I am a fairly conservative hunter/flyfisher that does not belong in Los Angeles or anywhere in California any longer.

I have had a successful career in apparel manufacturing (domestically and overseas) and I have a very deep knowledge of the industry from top to bottom. I am as reliable as a person can get and love working for something I believe in. Key competencies are Sales (I am an expert at "getting to yes"), Softline's sourcing and manufacturing, P&L, inventory management and all aspects of business. I am very entrepreneurial so large corporate entities usually move too slow for someone like me.

I know this is not a job forum but I figured I would give it a shot. I am determined.

I am happy to send a resume and references.
Damn, dude. After reading that I wanna hire you and I don't know anything about apparel!
Helluva well-stated piece.

Go easy on the guy, fellas, the man has to start somewhere. Here's in hades right now in Socal.