Where do we draw a line in the sand with prices?

JjamesIII

WKR
I want to discuss this because these companies are literally printing money on our dollar. The products are all made in foreign countries. The direct to consumer model that "saves" the end buyer money is a crock. These companies are buying 500 dollar jackets for 20-40 dollars a piece. Don't tell me R&D ect... is the reason for this. At this point it's pure greed. I own thousands of dollars of the big three's apparel so I am guilty as well. Now it isn't only hunting companies the entire textile industry has pulled the wool over the consumers eyes.

There are a few American made companies out there but instead of offering a quality made American garment for a slight premium over import they massively jack up the price. We have become so dependent on other countries skill with textiles most of our American made items are inferior to imported anyway.

It's time that a company entered the space who's first priority wasn't to make the the CEO rich. As your company scales the money grows. If you succeed in pulling market share from other companies because your product is the best and fairly priced you are awarded. We need someone to disrupt this market and force the prices down.

I don't care if it's made here or overseas just stop being so damn greedy.

END RANT
It’s in every frickin’ industry. $900 Korean fly rods, southern Asian sweat shop garments. Look at the cost of a top tier mountain bike. These things are as much as a nice moto x bike. Way less r & d, less material cost, less shipping/logistical cost, less everything….. the fan boys in every hobby line up to throw money at them. Then buy the shirt and advertise the brand who screw them over. Brand loyalty is a cult mentality. Who’s team are you on? Gotta show how serious of a hobbyist you are- 😝by having serious gear.

The free market is dictated by demand, not common sense. Marketing is king!