Lithium deposit found near Gunnison

OP
UncleBone

UncleBone

WKR
There are some good points being made for sure. My problem lies within the fact it is on public land. As far as mining reclamation being good habitat for wildlife, how long does it take to get to that point? As said above, EVs are not going to save the world. I also don't think any foreign companies should have access to control our public lands. I don't really think we should do the same in other countries either.

My experience has been actual disturbance is fairly small given the permitted area and reclamation on the road construction within 6 months.

The price of Lithium Carbonate is way down right now as EV sales are flat. Li company stocks have done the same, either flatline or dropping.

AG8

Lil-Rokslider
There are some good points being made for sure. My problem lies within the fact it is on public land. As far as mining reclamation being good habitat for wildlife, how long does it take to get to that point? As said above, EVs are not going to save the world. I also don't think any foreign companies should have access to control our public lands. I don't really think we should do the same in other countries either.
Unfortunately that just isn’t how the mineral exploration industry works. If we want domestic production of strategic mineral assets at all, we need Canadian companies to do it (or get it started anyway…). As was brought up earlier, your issue actually lies more with the listing requirements of the NYSE. The link below has a good visual representation of why this has to flow though Canada…

Yea except one benefits us Americans and the other does not…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently no one understands my point. Im not referring to lithium in particular, or even this potential mining operation.

The point was made that the US exploits other countries for their resources, so why should we have an issue allowing a foreign company to exploit our resources? Insert my above quote…

“one benefits us Americans and the other does not…”

America first.

Apparently no one understands my point. Im not referring to lithium in particular, or even this potential mining operation.

The point was made that the US exploits other countries for their resources, so why should we have an issue allowing a foreign company to exploit our resources? Insert my above quote…

“one benefits us Americans and the other does not…”

America first.

Again, not necessarily. The oil and gas American companies produce don't necessarily come to the USA only.

As to your first point, see my first post.

MattB

WKR
Every time someone has told me a situation is "more complex," they were trying to mislead me.
That is sad, you should surround yourself with more honest people.

It’s sort of like people who say “buy American” and don’t understand that Chrysler is owned by a European parent and the Toyota Tundra is more American made than a Ford F-150.

Some people even think the U.S. achieved energy independence for a period during 2021.

11boo

WKR
Yeah we exploit other nations for that stuff. Save the children, or save our public lands? Well, China does the exploitation, we just buy it.
If we have it here, we should extract it here. You could say we are pimping children for our convenience.

IMG_0817.jpeg

The scariest part of US industry is the EPA has run most of smelting and refining industries out of the US. We can mine some things but China has complete control over the finished products that we have to have to meet many of the targets established by the gov.

I personly feel we should be investing in the US for many of the things that we depend on foreign adversaries. We have technology to do it better so pollution isn't an excuse.

We need less government and more US investment. Living off of foreign slavery is a poor excuse for cheaper products.

OP
UncleBone

UncleBone

WKR
Yeah we exploit other nations for that stuff. Save the children, or save our public lands? Well, China does the exploitation, we just buy it.
If we have it here, we should extract it here. You could say we are pimping children for our convenience.

View attachment 683648
I don't think we should be exploiting anyone. I also don't think we should let other countries exploit our resources. As long as there is money to be made, or power to be had, someone will be getting screwed. It is a shame to me that people don't care what happens to anyone, as long as they get their cheap goods.

11boo

WKR
I don't think we should be exploiting anyone. I also don't think we should let other countries exploit our resources. As long as there is money to be made, or power to be had, someone will be getting screwed. It is a shame to me that people don't care what happens to anyone, as long as they get their cheap goods.
What is your solution? We are dependent on a product to make our batteries.
We love our battery powered devices. You, and I, are both on one.
Very likely some of the same cobalt mined by kids in the Congo.
You want it both ways? We tap out our thoughts on devices , made in countries that give no thought to the global implications of polluting their side of the globe.
Meanwhile, while we bemoan the use of plastic grocery bags, while putting our trash in plastic trash bags.

11boo

WKR
I’ll add, we will see about any sort of permit being approved in this leftist state.
It’ll never happen.

MattB

WKR
The city where I grocery shop banned plastic bags so now I put the foods that are wrapped in plastic in a paper bag......misguided idealists.
CA did a plastic bag ban, no longer free but you can pay $0.10 and get a good plastic bag. There is more plastic bag waste in terms of pounds now than before the ban

AG8

Lil-Rokslider
That ‘exploitation’ though, supports hundreds of thousands of American mine workers and their families.