Listen and Win a Hoyt Carbon Bow

I'll play. Although I knew what 3rd axis is, i loved the "saloon door" comparison. What a great way to think of it. That will stick with me to share with others!!

GlenD

FNG
Yoke tuning for minor adjustments. Had my questions if split limbs were really better, now I know, re-affirmed several things I 'thought' were correct. Good listen.

Bow torque both shooter caused and what the bow is designed to do to help reduce torque. Explanation of a split limb bow and what the purpose is. Explanation of what cam lean is really for and that this is not necessarily a bad thing. Good D-loop material comment.

Disco14

Lil-Rokslider
3rd axis leveling and the different forms of torque. The kitchen drawer arrow spin tester was a great bit of advice also!

drake2h

FNG
Great talk guys. I'll join the crowd in giving props the the importance of 3rd axis leveling. Thanks!

PhillyB

WKR
I appreciated the re-affirmation that the shot starts with hand placement. You can go crazy with all the tuning and adjustment, but it is all pointless if the shooter has incorrect hand placement on the grip. Even tuned bows cannot make up the difference when the bow is held wrong.

Thanks to Steve and Hoyt for getting this out there to us.

radman

FNG
The explanation of the 3rd axis really helped me understand how it works. I got it for the first time with the saloon door hinging. THANKS fellas! I really appreciate the podcast AND the chance to win a SWEET bow! Good luck everyone!

aion2come

WKR
I had never heard what he said about yoke tuning when paper tuning your bow. I had just figured it was all about sight and rest adjustment. Very sweet!

It went over many things and gave a nice refresher for someone who has more experience and offered some good analogies to help everyone understand some common tuning practices a little better. Excellent job.

IChaseCoues

Lil-Rokslider
My take away is that I have a lot to learn about archery! Will need to listen again to start to comprehend a lot of what was talked about. Getting the bow set up and tuned by a good shop is important and if possible get some coaching from someone who knows their stuff.

Ceby7

Lil-Rokslider
The reasoning behind split limbs was new knowledge to me and it makes sense when you really think about it. I like it when I'm able to understand why something was designed the way it was.