Listen and Win a Hoyt Carbon Bow

There propensity to fail. Too many disaster stories of them not falling away and getting stuck in the uo position. Maybe they have solved it but I don't want to take the chance. I have been shooting TT for 10yrs with no issues. Just my 2 cents.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
dreamingbig
I don't question your experience but I'm surprised to hear that about the Ripcord. I've shot about 4,000 arrows over two of mine and have never had a failure of any kind. Lucky?

I don't hob-knob with a bunch of archers so I don't hear much buzz either way on the Ripcord, just personal experience.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
dreamingbig
I don't question your experience but I'm surprised to hear that about the Ripcord. I've shot about 4,000 arrows over two of mine and have never had a failure of any kind. Lucky?

I don't hob-knob with a bunch of archers so I don't hear much buzz either way on the Ripcord, just personal experience.
I've shot many arrows through my ripcord and just recently switched to a trophy taker. I never had any issues, but like others have said I have heard the horror stories. The only first hand experience I have with it failing is this.

My buddy and I were shooting in my back field and we had shot several dozen arrows. Out of nowhere Travs arrow misses the target by several feet? I look over and his rest was still standing....

He pulled the cord, it dropped and he hasn't had an issues since. Could you imagine if that 1 fail was on a nice bull? It was enough for me to change rests.

Pig_Pen

FNG
I have had extremely good luck with my rip cord. I picked one up back in 08 I believe and it is still rocking away on my bow. I replace the cord with each set of strings and it has never let me down. I tie mine into the cable after all of my tuning is done and it has never not dropped for me. I have tried a few others out of curiosity and I always put the rip cord back on.

Finally got the bow all setup and have been shooting it a bit in the last week. Freakin' awesome is all I have to say.

IMG_1805.jpg

Here is what I went with for components:

Ripcord Ace Rest
MBG Ascent 5 pin
Tightspot 5 Arrow Quiver
Beestinger Sport Hunter Xtreme 10" Stabilizer
Spot Hogg Wiseguy release

Once again, big thanks to Matt at Hoyt, Robby and Steve for getting me all setup.

Last edited: