Listen and Win a Hoyt Carbon Bow

I think one of the biggest takeaway is all the different ways company's are trying to reduce torque with the roller guards, and stiff riser designs and how split limbs help with torque. The 2nd and 3rd axis explanation was the best i have seen and will definitely help me set my bow up better this year.

So I listened to the Podcast twice. After doing so I sat back and thought about what was the one thing I took away from it. After listening I realized that the one thing I took away from it was not specifically discussed in the podcast, yet it was. Overall I would say that what I took away was a combination of everything stated in the podcast. It is a combination of all aspects that allows us to head into the woods in pursuit of game with our equipment in the best shape possible. A combination of tuning, form, equipment, and knowledge. This allows us to honor our game with the greatest level of respect we can offer, and that they deserve. If third axis leveling is not examined with your equipment, you will have issues when taking shots at angles. If you do not spend time tuning, your bow will not perform at its peak capabilities. Understanding how your equipment works enables us as hunters to better utilize that equipment. That was one of the most informative podcasts I have ever listened to. Even better was that it came straight from Hoyt. I will be utilizing this information for years to come, thank you for this excellent material.

TJ

WKR
Good discussion. I likes the talk about split limb design and 2nd & 3rd axis.

Thanks guys

As a new archery hunter, it's hard to pick just one thing that I learned from this podcast. But, if I had to pick, I liked the beginner walk through for the checklist for those purchasing a new bow: Look it over top to bottom for damage, set draw length, tune/synchronize the cams, paper tune, D-loop tune, walk back tune.

Also: Torque is great for diesels....but not so much for bows!

After listening to Matt talk about the ZT roller guard alone makes me want to upgrade from my Spyder Turbo to the new bows... Dang it Matt.

Also having him talk about larger grips and proper hand placement makes perfect sense. Take those grips off and use tennis tape!

Edit: The way Matt describes how to measure for draw length was genius. Granted it wasn't his idea, but I am shocked I have never seen anyone measure this way.

Cam lean - I liked his insight, since guys are always worried with the cam lean on Hoyt's.

Last edited:

Climber

FNG
I really like the anti-torque improvements shown in the vid. I'm due for a new shooter and will have to go try these out.

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
Being fairly new to archery I learned a lot about bow torque and how the build of the bow and form play into it. Thanks!

StrutNut

Lil-Rokslider
i love my Hoyt. Great to see why its special. 3rd axis info was great. Bow torque was really good.

The thing i found the most interesting was the way he yoke tunes the cam on his hoyt to actually have some lean. Also the drawer trick for the arrow spinner is one of those why didn't i think of that ideas. Over all good podcast and loved his comment about archerytalk being the devil when it comes to everyone is a pro tuner.

black525

WKR
I really enjoyed the podcast. I liked how they related torque and 2nd/3rd axis adjustment and how everything is connected. I also liked that they touched on the 50 a foot low principle.

kabushnell

Lil-Rokslider
What an awesome podcast. Great info on a bunch of topics. I really thought the info on the ZT roller guard on the new Hoyt's was great. Also liked the explanation on the benefits of split limbs. Thanks S&S and Hoyt for the info!