Listen and Win a Hoyt Carbon Bow

Zbot

WKR
3rd axis for sure. It is a term I often heard but never truly understood nor cared about until now. Real eye opener and great info.

Also, D loops. I always assumed a loop was a loop and just went with whatever I have leftover in the ol' archery box.

I always jut did a spin test on the palm of my hand to test arrows. I never thought of using a kitchen drawer, although I'm sure the wife will look at me funny from now on when I use this method.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
It's here! June 3rd and time for the drawing. This thread was great to watch and see all the takeaways everyone took from the great podcast. Shows just how eager we are to learn and why it's good to connect with experts in the field like Matt from Hoyt and Steve from S&S archery.

attachment.php

Following the rules, I used random.org to pull a number from the list of eligible entries...

I'll start by drawing two numbers, which I've already done.

Now I need to confirm our winner's eligibility. Remember, you had to be a Rokslide member and Rok Blog subscriber. I've sent PMs to the two potential winners. If one of them meets eligibility, that will be our winner. If both meet eligibility, the first number drawn will be our winner.
It's 8:15 AM Mountain Time right now. I'll give them until 10:15 AM to respond. If not, I'll draw again. Just watch your PM box.
attachment.php

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
And the winner is...
airlocksniffer of Helena, Montana!

Congrats on your new Hoyt Carbon Bow of choice. Three things needed:
1) Give us Yahoo so we all know how excited you are
2) Fire me an email at [email protected]
3) Once decided and all hooked up with Hoyt, post up on this thread what bow you chose.

We're all jealous!!!!!

Oh yea, you gotta tell us what an airlocksniffer is?????

Congrats and super thanks to Matt Davis at Hoyt Archery and Steve Speck of S&S Archery for the great podcast and awesome giveaway.

Last edited:
Awesome!! This is seriously the first thing I've won in over 20 years. Big thanks to Robby, Steve, Matt at Hoyt and all of the Rokslide crew.

airlocksniffer is my handle from my homebrewing forums. I've been homebrewing for about 10 years-just another one of my hobbies. Here is a pic of my kegerator that sits in my dining room. Notice the spike elk tap handles.

IMG_0690.jpg

Thanks again. Super excited to rock a Hoyt!!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, so you're a beer sniffer? Love the spike elk tap handles. Again, congrats

Just got an email from Matt at Hoyt. Here is what I'm getting:

Carbon Spyder ZT 34
Realtree MAX with Red accents

Now to decide how to equip this bow....any suggestions?

My initial thoughts:

MBG Ascent 5 pin
Vapor Trail Pro V Limb Driver (may get a Ripcord Ace-those look pretty good)
Tightspot 5 arrow quiver
Trophy Taker Static 6" stabilizer (don't know much about stabilizers so suggestions are welcome)
Spot Hogg Wiseguy release

I don't really want to cheap out on the accessories with such a nice bow coming my way......

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just got an email from Matt at Hoyt. Here is what I'm getting:

Carbon Spyder ZT 34
Realtree MAX with Red accents

Now to decide how to equip this bow....any suggestions?

My initial thoughts:

MBG Ascent 5 pin
Vapor Trail Pro V Limb Driver (may get a Ripcord Ace-those look pretty good)
Tightspot 5 arrow quiver
Trophy Taker Static 6" stabilizer (don't know much about stabilizers so suggestions are welcome)
Spot Hogg Wiseguy release

I don't really want to cheap out on the accessories with such a nice bow coming my way......

That's some fine vittles! This bow is gonna last you a while so get it right the first time and you won't regret it. As I read on Rokslide all the time "cry now or cry later"

brewer427

WKR
Congrats man, I was told this morning that somebody from Helena won and I got all excited, because I know there's not to many members on here from our neck of the woods, can't say I don't wish it would of been me, but it is nice to see a Helena guy when this!

lintond

WKR
Congrats! You won't be disappointed. You proposed setup looks good although my preference is a longer stabilizer, but that's an individual user item.

Working with Steve at S and S to get her outfitted. Going with the following:

MBG Ascent 5 pin
Ripcord Ace
Tightspot Quiver
Beestinger Sport Hunter Xtreme 10"

Also picking up a Spot Hogg Wiseguy as I've been looking for a little bit lighter release. Now I need to sell my current setup to pay for this stuff!!