Broken Hoyt Bow

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
But it for sure is derailed now probably just from it not going in the track and went slack from it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zac
One mod bolt probably loosened, put excess pressure on the other. Or I can't remember if it's 3 of them, 2 loosened and transferred all pressure to 1 that finally popped.

I put fingernail polish swipe across the head to the mod. Gives a witness mark to see if they have loosened, it also helps to lock the head down if the mod is actually shimmed off the cam and doesn't have full bearing like on Mathews.

Reactions: Zac

sndmn11

WKR
It hasn't been completely uncommon; I sheared a screw, and the shop I go to is over a half dozen of the same on the hbx xact cam bows with a few other big problems.

Marble

WKR
Looks like the mod screw came loose and things went sideways at the shot.
Yesterday, my bow was making an odd creaking noise during my draw. I found all of my mod screws were loose. Hoyt Axius. I tightened all of them. Checks my wife's hoyt, here were loose too. I suspect that may have been the issue. Regardless, I suspect it will need strings, mods and cams. Not cheap, but cheaper than a new bow.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

OP
Jrob

Jrob

FNG
Yesterday, my bow was making an odd creaking noise during my draw. I found all of my mod screws were loose. Hoyt Axius. I tightened all of them. Checks my wife's hoyt, here were loose too. I suspect that may have been the issue. Regardless, I suspect it will need strings, mods and cams. Not cheap, but cheaper than a new bow.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Wow that’s crazy. Good to know and keep an eye on in the future. In my case, the mod screw sheared off. It’s been sent to Hoyt for warranty work I won’t be paying anything out of pocket.

JK47

FNG
I just checked the mod screws on mine(Alpha X 30). One was way loose. Snugged it back down.

Definitely gonna locktite these and keep a good eye one them.

OP
Jrob

Jrob

FNG
I just checked the mod screws on mine(Alpha X 30). One was way loose. Snugged it back down.

Definitely gonna locktite these and keep a good eye one them.
I will do the same. Definitely something I’m going to check regularly in the future

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
There are 3 screws for those mods. Crazy that could happen. I changed mine out for different screws cause the shop had stripped them a bit. I should check them and dab with loktite.