Linear Comp Vs. Muzzle Brake on Coyote Rifle?

Ludo

FNG
I’m building a dedicated Coyote gun (AR-15) in 22 ARC. I have an 18” barrel. I’m living in Commiefornia, so a suppressor is out of the question. Looking at a linear comp as an option (specifically the VSeven Helios-K). My other option would be a small brake (specifically the SRS TI Pro 2). Never used a linear comp before. Can anyone give me some constructive feedback on which would be better in this scenario and why?

I should elaborate, I have a couple linear comps for various 556 guns and I couldn't tell you if they do anything or not. Probably not worth it. Not sure a brake would be worth the dirt blast if you're shooting prone or the extra bang to the side either. One of my favorite ARs before going suppressed just had a pain target crown with a bull barrel.

OP
L

Ludo

FNG
I should elaborate, I have a couple linear comps for various 556 guns and I couldn't tell you if they do anything or not. Probably not worth it. Not sure a brake would be worth the dirt blast if you're shooting prone or the extra bang to the side either. One of my favorite ARs before going suppressed just had a pain target crown with a bull barrel.
Yeah, I was thinking about just going that route as well. Just getting a thread protector until I’m finally able to move to a free state and buy a suppressor. My thoughts were, a linear brake could be good if I do take that quick unexpected shot and forget my ear pro. I know it won’t be great, but I suspect it wouldn’t sting as bad as a brake… BUT, going with a brake would help stay on target for quick follow up shots.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Since I would personally wear earpro with either option 100% of the time, I would just go conventional brake for the better recoil reduction