Lightweight Suppressor Comparison and Poll

For Backcountry hunting, which suppressor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
I was shooting them, and from behind the rifle the Hyperion K and Raptor were same/same to me. A couple of shots I preferred the Raptor, a couple I preferred the Hyperion K. In general I prefer the tone of the Hyperion K in field environments to most other suppressors.
When shooting the Raptor 8, was the reflex installed?

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Just off the phone with AB Suppressors...

Their recommendation for 6.5 CM was:
1. Raptor 8
2. Raptor 6 with 5" Reflex

Rep thought that a Raptor 6 with 5" Reflex would be just a quiet as Raptor 8 with flush mount.

Range practice with Reflex; in the mountains with flush mount. Just re-verify zero.

Just off the phone with AB Suppressors...

Their recommendation for 6.5 CM was:
1. Raptor 8
2. Raptor 6 with 5" Reflex

Rep thought that a Raptor 6 with 5" Reflex would be just a quiet as Raptor 8 with flush mount.

Range practice with Reflex; in the mountains with flush mount. Just re-verify zero.
That's a solid choice. The raptor 6 with 5" or 3" reflex is great on my 6.5 PRC but I havent shot it with the flush mount yet, I will when I get out next tho

TheHammer

WKR
Lots of great options. I run an Ultra 5 (.264) since my hunting rifles are all .264 and smaller. Length and weight were my top priorities. No issues without ear plugs for shooter or spotters when hunting. Outside of hunting I run suppressor and ear pro with any suppressor. Don’t think you can go wrong with any on your list. For a pure hunting can I want as small and light as possible. For a multipurpose can I’d look at something like the Nomad Ti in that 10oz + range. My hunting partner runs an Ultra 7 (.308) for a .264 cal bullet and it works great too. Outside hunting there is no perceivable difference vs my .264 bore Ultra 5 to the ear.

From your list I would choose Nomad Ti or try CGS unless it’s dedicated 100% for hunting.
I’m happy to read this, it is great to see as when I boiled it down to purpose, the ultra 5 made the most sense. I just weighed my omega 300 as someone mentioned mount. Direct thread with end cap it came in at 12.96oz, asr and quick attach it weighs 17.95oz, then asr, quick attach and the end baffles it’s 19.33oz OAL with cap and direct thread insert is 6.2” but if you are adding length added to the rifle it is 5.685” of length added due to how it threads on. Making it actually shorter than some advertised cans.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
When including price point, I don't see how I would choose the Jäger (7 oz) or Ultra 5 (7.8 oz) over the Raptor 6 (8 oz, 5.5" with direct mount).

Raptor 6 - $780, with Reflex option of your choice
Jäger - $495, but with less suppression and more barrel length/shot string restrictions
Ultra 5 - $1080

When I talked with AB today, they said they would exchange whatever Reflex came with suppressor with whatever option I wanted (as long as it was unfired).

If I were to get the 5" Reflex with Raptor 6, I would have a much quieter can compared to the Omega and on par with the Hyperion K.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
I helped a friend go thru this process and he landed on the diligent defense enticer S-Ti
Advertised at 9.3 oz, but I'm betting that is without mounting option weight. If that is the case, then most likely at 10.5 oz, longer and heavier than Raptor 6

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
95% sure I'm going to get a Rugged AK 360 Ti
On paper, no question it is a great choice!

I’d like to see/hear some direct comparisons before springing that kind of dinero.

I might try and get my LGS to get one and do a layaway while I wait 😎

prm

WKR
Since the rifle I want one for is a .338, I have to go Rugged Alaskan 360 or an Omega 36M. Finding one smaller and lighter AND 338 compatible is a challenge. Most are made for 338 Lapua.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Since the rifle I want one for is a .338, I have to go Rugged Alaskan 360 or an Omega 36M. Finding one smaller and lighter AND 338 compatible is a challenge. Most are made for 338 Lapua.
You can get a Raptor 6 in .338…just sayin’

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Lots of great options. I run an Ultra 5 (.264) since my hunting rifles are all .264 and smaller. Length and weight were my top priorities. No issues without ear plugs for shooter or spotters when hunting. Outside of hunting I run suppressor and ear pro with any suppressor. Don’t think you can go wrong with any on your list. For a pure hunting can I want as small and light as possible. For a multipurpose can I’d look at something like the Nomad Ti in that 10oz + range. My hunting partner runs an Ultra 7 (.308) for a .264 cal bullet and it works great too. Outside hunting there is no perceivable difference vs my .264 bore Ultra 5 to the ear.

From your list I would choose Nomad Ti or try CGS unless it’s dedicated 100% for hunting.

You must have a special Ultra 5. With a 6CM a Ultra 7 is much quieter to me and several other people around me than the Ultra 5 when I was comparing them last summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
You must have a special Ultra 5. With a 6CM a Ultra 7 is much quieter to me and several other people around me than the Ultra 5 when I was comparing them last summer.

Ryan, would you choose Ultra 7 Gen 2 or Raptor 6?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Looking at your list if you want THE lightest functional suppressor it’s going to be hard to beat the Gunwerks 6ix +. I have a hard time believing the Alaskan 360 Ti will be quieter than the Gunwerks suppressor. The backcountry seems rather loud to me. But I had nothing to compare it to when I was around it. The cleaner winner is the consumer. I would hunt with all four of the suppressor’s I tested. In fact I will hunt with the Gunwerks a lot because of its weight a couple ounces is a couple ounces.

c5a02aa96ebe48118a2d6e26a0c0e5ea.jpg

The ultra 5 is 8.4oz the Gunwerks 6ix+ is 8.8 oz. Can you guess which is hearing safe for most rifles???

Last edited:
I ended up impulse buying a raptor 4 w/ 3” reflex and 6.5 end cap . I’ll let you know how it sounds on my 6.5 prc compared to an omega , evo , Hyperion K , nomad and a few others