lightweight canvas hot tents

OP
wasatchcomm
I agree with everything you said,, its a do all tent, base camp, pack in, light weight and still hot
what stove do you have?its a Riley but which model?

OP
wasatchcomm
im going to look at getting a rain fly for mine. not sure what fabric yet though,, possibly tyvek or maybe a silnylon or maybe just a blue tarp!

OP
wasatchcomm
I have a little amigo, and its impressive,, Riley stoves are best stove ive ever used,, simple to put together, start so easy its ridiculous, boil water in minutes, keeps my tent warm for hours in very cold weather, the damper is so good,
what fly from beau are you getting?

bmart2622

WKR
So the zipper itself is 6' but the front door runs at a slight angle making the space that you would walk through about 68"

BCSojourner

Lil-Rokslider
im going to look at getting a rain fly for mine. not sure what fabric yet though,, possibly tyvek or maybe a silnylon or maybe just a blue tarp!
If you like natural light in the tent, you might consider one of Beau' flys. I have one and the tent stays naturally well-lit which you won't get with blue tarp. The Divide series flys are also going to be more rugged and come with a stove hole pre-cut for your tent setup (look at my photo in this string of a few days ago). They are worth the $-no hassle and heavy duty. Seems to me like Tyvek would be very noisy and you would have to rig it for guy lines. Silnylon would be light but then again it would be very noisy in wind and rain and you would have issues with constant shrink and expansion with weather and temperature swings. Would also be hot in full sun. I spent over 40 nights in my 13x13 Continental with the fly last year and it was extremely comfortable.

nickstone

WKR
I have the 13x13 Continental and I pack with llamas. It fits fine in a pannier but to save that space, I purchased a top-pack from Davis tent and awning that unzips like a suitcase and allows for real easy packing in any weather. Canvas weighs in at 22 lbs and top-packing over top of two light pannier loads works like a champ. This tent is a palace for 3 with 3 cots, stove, gear, etc. It breathes very well and does not leak-we had an incredible storm come in and pound us at 10,000 ft right after setup (we did not have the fly over it at the time)-not a drop got through. You can also string paracord inside the length of the A-frame to suspend you bows on hooks and still walk under them as it has a 9.5 fty height at the ridgeline. It also holds heat very well. The door is a one-hand operation and the guy-outs are minimal. It can be set up in under 15 minutes. I talked extensively with Jonah at Snotrekker as this was in development and I visited with Beau and helped him set up the first 13x13 prototype at his place-just happened to be there picking up a llama when it arrived. If you have stock this tent can't beat. I have been packing since 1998 with llamas and I have used a Davis tent (3-section wall tent made for llama packing) and an SO 12-man tipi. I think I have finally found the perfect tent. Not cheap but then you get what you pay for and the experiences while using this tent are priceless, and I have never been more comfortable in the back country no matter the weather that CO can throw at us!

View attachment 510774
What fly is that?

BCSojourner

Lil-Rokslider
Now I am torn between the the BunDok and Continental.....
Here is a link to a good article to compare space with tables, cots, etc. in different size wall tent configurations. This convinced me to go with the 13x13 Continental.

JA03

FNG
I placed my order for the mega crew today. I’m keeping my fingers crossed it will be here for trout opener in PA.