Lets see your Alaskan Blacktails

I know but I don't get "vacation" at work I just tell the contractor I have to be gone these days and leave unpaid. I am 26 so hopefully this will be the first of many trips for me.

You took the words out of my mouth Torleif! But, I am always curious how many people take total strangers advice as to the "where and when to go hunting" haha. Nice pic's Torleif and I doubt you took any strangers advice on a forum to be successful!

I take everyone's opinion and advice with a grain of salt. The discussion did last longer than anticipated but I was not keeping anyone from posting their picture. I apologize for derailing your thread for a few post.

I take everyone's opinion and advice with a grain of salt. The discussion did last longer than anticipated but I was not keeping anyone from posting their picture. I apologize for derailing your thread for a few post.

It seemed like appropriate talk in a thread devoted to blacktails. Good luck on your trip.

It seemed like appropriate talk in a thread devoted to blacktails. Good luck on your trip.

Yeah, I agree. I kind thought that was the point of the site…to get information/help from guys that might know a bit more about something than you. I guess if anyone was interested in what little I know about Sitkas they can PM me.

Congrats, nice buck!!! Just what I needed to see...2 week countdown for me!!

Nice! work rotation hasn't been nice to me the last few years, haven't made an opening day in a long time. really like the panoramic shot - shows the beauty of the alpine really well.

Hike up & hunting begins tomorrow..

ahega5yz.jpg

usedunah.jpg

Just took a few pics with my phone...Bear season doesn't start until the 1st, so I'm here for a while..
Tough country, pretty much a goat hunt for deer...Bear season in 3 days, so I'm sticking around.

natarypu.jpg

rysypyse.jpg

eravebu2.jpg

3a6e8y6e.jpg

9aduhuge.jpg

7a4u5yte.jpg

esyqupem.jpg

Some great looking bucks on here. Heading to Raspberry this October. Sure hope I can find me a nice one!

Back